Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my next question guys.... my foglight problem is fixed, but I was wondering how did you guys modify the H3 bulb so it fits snug inside the foglight housing? we all know that most aftermarket bulbs aren't gonna be a perfect fit, but the H3 bulb is not fitting good at all? what do I have to do ? shave or cut some of the sides off so it'll fit into the grooves? what did you guys do ? thanks :cool:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I cut it, then sand it, everything to get the groove bigger to get it in there. It takes soem time, be careful breaking/dirtying the bulb too when you do that.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
If you have a die grinder or dremel, a better option is to grind down the "nub" on the casing.

This way you wont mess up your new bulbs, and future bulbs can also just be dropped right in. Much easier to do this once, instead of modifying bulbs whenever you need to replace them (if ever) ;)

Your stock ones will still fit fine.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you. besides a dremel what other tool would be helpful to grind some of the grooves on the casing down? some type of saw would do?? or the dremel is the best tool to use?

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
CiViCtoG20 said:
thank you. besides a dremel what other tool would be helpful to grind some of the grooves on the casing down? some type of saw would do?? or the dremel is the best tool to use?

If you dont own one, you should look into it.

I've told many people to look into this and they always come back thanking me because they use it for everything now. Its a really versitile tool that pays for itself time and time again.

It's not very expensive either and you can get one with a kit that comes with various bits for it.

You can get a good price on them at Home Depot. The proper name is a Dremel (thats the brand) "Rotary Tool".

I suggest the variable speed model.

Other than the Dremel or another type of powered grinder, you can try a file? :)

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
b-b00gie said:
Other than the Dremel or another type of powered grinder, you can try a file? :)
Bingo!! Thats what I did to mine, had to take some material off the base to get it to fit right, just use caution and try not to touch/damage the bulb itself....i

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Thats why you should do it to the case.

You wont mess up the bulbs, and in the future they will just drop right in. ;)

·
Registered
424 Posts
what I did was use a filer and file down the groove on the bulb but be very delicate cuz you might scratch the bulb!!!

b-b00gie gave a good suggestion to grind down the nub on the casing.

depends on the tool you have, either way is good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts