Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install a new head light bulb in my 2000 G20T. It seems like I am pulling too hard to get the bulb socket out. I already broke the right side of the bulb socket. What is the procedure to remove the headlight bulb?

Thanks,

Tom

·
ʎןןnɟ˙˙ǝdo&#6
2,773 Posts
You don't have to unscrew anything. The metal bracket/clip that holds the light in place just needs pushed in and moved to the side. Then the bulb comes right out.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
deftapcubus said:
You don't have to unscrew anything. The metal bracket/clip that holds the light in place just needs pushed in and moved to the side. Then the bulb comes right out.
+1, one side of the clip goes under a little lip...you can press it and it will move out of the way, then the bulb just kind of falls out. I've done both sides without removing the headlight

njprimera said:
no force needed at all
+1

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the help. I didn't need to remove the light either. I just pushed the metal clip down and off the bulb went. What wasn't obvious to me was the need to squeeze the connector to remove it from the light bulb. The new bulb is in now.

I started working on my car now because the dealer wants $90.00 per hour. I can't stand paying it when I can easily change the spark plugs and light bulb.

The 60,000 mile service use to be $423.00. Now it is $695.00.

By the way, is there a procedure for the fuel induction service Infiniti does?

Thanks again!
Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts