Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bird pooped on my car and i cleaned it up but there is some sort of stain on it probably caused by the acid from the poop. How can i remove this? Is there some special chemical or cleaner i can buy from an auto store?

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Compound usually works well...make sure its washed clean and smooth before you use it...

·
Registered
430 Posts
hmm. that blows. try a very very fine sand paper and lightly wet sand the area that will get rid of any stain and even out the cleacoat a bit there but so much that irs gonna leave a weir lookin spot.

·
Registered
235 Posts
4dollarg20 said:
hmm. that blows. try a very very fine sand paper and lightly wet sand the area that will get rid of any stain and even out the cleacoat a bit there but so much that irs gonna leave a weir lookin spot.
Good advice, just don't burn through the clearcoat (don't over-do-it). Aftwards, the compound will help to buff it back to a shine... sometimes just the compound alone will help to get rid of it (without the wet-sanding)... hope that helps.

·
Registered
392 Posts
o shit! i had no idea bird shit does that to ur car. i have been leaving it on cuz i was too lazy to wipe it. its hella disgusting. its not like i have one spot but all over the roof, hood, windows, and trunk.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yep, even wiping off the birdie shyte with water will put the acid in the dried material back into solution.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Dilong26 said:
o shit! i had no idea bird shit does that to ur car. i have been leaving it on cuz i was too lazy to wipe it. its hella disgusting. its not like i have one spot but all over the roof, hood, windows, and trunk.
Get rid of it ASAP. I find that those touch free car wash things that use really high pressure sprays do a good job of removing it.

·
Safe Sex
3,228 Posts
prince nismo said:
baking soda and water works but work quick and clean the surface well afterward.

yup... use sterilized water, baking soda and a micro fiber cloth if you can, cuz u want to nuetrilize that crap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts