Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put blue bulbs in my cluster and B-boogie recommended me to check out Digikey.com and they sent me a catalog to look at. But I dont know which LEDs to order. And how exactly do LEDs work because I dont see how it would be a direct replacement. Thanks for the help in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Ok, you take out your old washers and put them in. Then you have to splice one wire into your head light wires. And the other wire to the battery or ground wire. Then, when you turn your head lights on the green or blue or whatever comes on. I have green ones and I love em. I suggest you get some of those
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
Remember your driving an INFINITI sport luxury sedan, not a HONDA. I just think the led washers are one of the gayest aftermarket part you can put on your car. Its like putting the off center line thru the middle of your car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're talking about the lights on the hood...then thats not what i'm doing. I just want to change the bulbs in my instrument cluster to blue which I think is very clean looking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
Oh ok i misunderstood
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
InfinitiLvr said:
Ok, you take out your old washers and put them in. Then you have to splice one wire into your head light wires. And the other wire to the battery or ground wire. Then, when you turn your head lights on the green or blue or whatever comes on. I have green ones and I love em. I suggest you get some of those

Thats why i thought it was the windshield washers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Oh lol, that's what I thought you were talking about too. Domiken I like them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
I guess different tastes. Here in Florida where the Import scene is HUGE only HONDA drivers have them everyone else looks down on them. In my opininon theyre just not fit for the car. It also looks weird at night. But hey i respect your opinion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,841 Posts
2001G20 said:
...I dont see how it would be a direct replacement...
It isn't. Using LEDs would be better than replacing the bulbs but more complicated since they aren't designed for the application.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So how would I go about replacing the bulbs with LEDs...does anyone know? Or if anyone knows where to get the bulbs themselves that would solve all my problems.:nerd:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,841 Posts
2001G20 said:
So how would I go about replacing the bulbs with LEDs...does anyone know?
Does anyone know where you can get 12v LEDs? This would make the whole thing easier.

2001G20 said:
Or if anyone knows where to get the bulbs themselves that would solve all my problems.:nerd:
Well the dealer can get them, but not colored ones. You can tint the regular bulbs with transparent paint. LEDs would look brighter, I think, but tinting the bulbs would be the most practical thing to do to get the look your going for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I think I have an idea of where to get the LED's but how do they work? I dont know how I would get power to them. And if I painted the bulbs where would I get the paint from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
What do your bulbs look like because here in japan they have bulbs that would pluge into a P10 and they are LED bulbs but they only have blue. Blue is like there best color over here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,841 Posts
Nonelower2001 said:
What do your bulbs look like because here in japan they have bulbs that would pluge into a P10 and they are LED bulbs but they only have blue. Blue is like there best color over here.
P10 uses a standard bulb that you can buy in different colors at ricerocket stores. P11 use a different bulb that you can't get colored replacements.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
longbeachgdub did you get bulbs from there for the instrument cluster? This is just what I'm looking for...do you happen to know which bulbs you bought from there (what are their part numbers). And how do you order do you just call them?
Thanks a lot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
I know discount auto parts here in Florida sells LED wedge bulbs, the ones we have on the two lights on the roof of our car, and they also fit the front wedge bulbs by the headlights. For $5 for two and colors are red, blue, amber, green, orange.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top