Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm about to install my sub and was wondering how do you install the wire from the battery to the trunk. Pics would be helpful thanks.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
easy

First of all, you need to specify, what model you have, P10 or P11? Do you have all your equipments (wires, fuses, etc)? You need to inspect your car's firewall first, and everything else should come like butter.

1- Take Power wire (red one), connect it to the battery's positive (+) side, with the fuse holder, unplugged.

2- In the firewall, look for a little hole that already has a pipe or wire running into it, driver side would be great. They're usually covered with a lil' rubber cap that you can take off.

3- Stick the power wire in there and pull it from the inside of the car... around the pedals, under the dash (steering wheel area), :monkey:

PS: The fuse-holder (lil' clear plastic thing that you can unscrew) has to be around the Air-intake box. One end going to the battery, the other going to the firewall.

4- Have it at a reasonable length inside the car (to the trunk). Get ready for the carpeting job!

5- Pop the door sills, be careful not to break the lil' fastners, then lift the carpet around the doors all the way to the back. Shove the wire in there. Then to the trunk, around the backseats corner.

6- Take the remote wire that goes to the amp (lil' tiny wire) and run it the same way, as well as the RCA cables (audio wires).

7- Run both RCA and Remote from the back (trunk) to the dash, under the carpet all the way behind the radio area. (I hope you already have a head unit installed (CD or somethin')! :p .

8- connect the Remote, and RCA cables then put the radio back in the slot.

9- Put back the carpet in the legroom area, then the carpet around the doors and put the door sills back, make sure you keep the wires straight and untangled, so it doesn't look sloppy. All wires should be covered and unseen.

10- In the trunk, find a part of the car's body and pierce a hole to screw in the ground wire. attach all wires to the amp where they belong; Power to Power, Ground to ground, remote to remote and RCA to RCA. THEN VOILA!!

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
easy

You need to specify, P10 or P11? Do you have all your equipments? You also need to inspect your car's firewall.

1- Cut out a section of the power wire (red one), attach the fuse-holder (lil' clear plastic container with holding the fuse) to an end, and connect the other end to the battery's positive (+) side, with the fuse holder, unplugged.

2- In the firewall, look for a little hole that already has a pipe or wire running into it, driver side would be great. They're usually covered with a lil' rubber cap that you can take off.

3- Stick the (long) power wire in there and pull it from the inside of the car... around the pedals, under the dash (steering wheel area), :monkey: Attach the other piece of the fuse-holder to the section that's in the engine-bay... so you can screw it together later!

PS: The fuse-holder has to be around the Air-intake box. One end going to the battery, the other going to the firewall.

4- Have it at a reasonable length inside the car (to the trunk). Get ready for the carpeting job!

5- Pop the door sills, be careful not to break the lil' fastners, then lift the carpet around the doors all the way to the back. Shove the wire in there. Then to the trunk, around the backseats corner.

6- Take the remote wire that goes to the amp (lil' tiny wire usually blue) and run it the same way, as well as the RCA cables (audio wires with red and white connectors).

7- Run both RCA and Remote from the back (trunk) to the dash, under the carpet all the way behind the radio area. (I hope you already have a head unit installed (CD or somethin')! :p .

8- Connect the Remote, and RCA cables then put the radio back in the slot.

9- Put back the carpet in the legroom area, then the carpet around the doors and put the door sills back, make sure you keep the wires straight and untangled in their corner, so it doesn't look sloppy. All wires should be covered and unseen.

10- In the trunk, find a part of the car's body and pierce a hole to screw in the ground wire. Attach all wires to the amp where they belong; Power to Power, Ground to ground, remote to remote and RCA to RCA. THEN VOILA!!

If you have a box with two speakers, connect the speaker wires from the box to the amp. There you have it. All wires are run... Now all you need to do is screw and tighten the Fuse-holder pieces together . Should look like this: ---=--- (the dashes are the wires and the equal sign is the fuse-holder) The remote wire will allow your amp to turn on when you turn your radio on. Then go ahead and blast your life away!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...this will really help. I have a P11 by the way and I'll be working on it in the next week or so. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
good luck

Trust me, it's real easy man. I thought ot was a bigger deal myself. But I installed two systems already no sweat! Follow my instructions on the second reply... I kinda screwed up the first one... I wrote them step by step... I'd send you pics too, but I don't have any sorry. But I'm sure you'll make it! Good Luck, and let us know what happened!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard somewhere that you have to run the power wire and RCA wire on opposite sides of the car (one running along passenger and one along driver) because if you don't it causes static. Is this true?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Before you even connect the power wire..., the first thing you must do is to disconnect the negative battery wire and then you can proceed to the steps that Fraychild was telling you. Yeah it's true that you have to definitely separate your power wires from the RCA's and speaker wires to reduce or eliminate noise problem. My power cable is on the left firewall and the RCA's and speaker wires is on the right side of the G. I was able to squeez a 4 gauge wire into the existing dummy hole on the side of the door near the hinge. I wanted to put 2 or 0 gauge but it's going to be a pain in the bunn to hide them big fat son of a gun.
I still have noise getting picked up when I accelerate, especially if I have he system on low volume. My remedy for now is to play my CD's in the mid volume or higher. Getting lazy to detect where the noise is coming from. Check out http//:www.mobileaudio.com and you will learn a lot about audio electronics and stuff.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
True

"Before you even connect the power wire..., the first thing you must do is to disconnect the negative battery wire and then you can proceed to the steps that Fraychild was telling you. Yeah it's true that you have to definitely separate your power wires from the RCA's and speaker wires to reduce or eliminate noise problem" G20t94 is right. Must disconnect the Negative FIRST!!. Also, I have my power running on the driver side and the RCA/Remote wires on the passenger side. I did it without knowing about the whole status things... but I guess that was my luck ;) It's still easy cuz' you remove the carpet the same way on both sides. Be careful with the lenghts, last thing you need is to get stuck with wires too short... :knockout: My problem now is my bass... I have too much of it man... the vibration shakes the crap out of the inside of my whip... I can't even hear the mids... the again I still have the original speakers... I think it's time for a change!! :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah definitely! You need a new set of speakers, front & rear. If you want to hear mid's along with your bass, I would suggest to install 6x9 in the front..., just kidding :cheeky: Seriously, I would put a 6 1/2 components in the front. You don't even need the kick panels w/c is probably the best. It depends the magnet of your speakers of choice to modify your front doors. If you have a Boston Acoustics Pro Series 6.4 - 6.5, you need at least more than 1/2 an inch of spacers and you probably need to chop some metals on your doors. You also need to cut the plywood on the door panel to specific size of the speakers. I have mentioned this simple modification @ AutomotiveForum.com (yeah it so simple that it took me days to finish them ;) but..., the results were awesomely stealthy!!! I couldn't finish my set up because I freakin' couldn't find the wire for my EQ, I just received my Rockford Fosgate Punch 600aIV today and not sure what to do with it yet(probably dedicate it to my fronts). Now I'm waiting for Cerwin Vega 6002 6 1/2's for rears w/c costs me $35.00 bucks ;) So, is a long journey man before I fully enjoy my system! My car is still a mess!!! but sounds half decent :p

my temporary web page: http://hometown.aol.com/ronnieg357/myhomepage/personal.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts