Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday i went to this Local performance shop by my area. there i was talking to the guy on mufflers for my car. He recomended me this universal one. Tenzo R Type 2
said that it sounds really good and that you can add a silencer if you want since is got the fittings for it.

I turn to you guys to see if anyone here is familiar with that model? muffler looks nice but i have no idea how good is it, or what sound it makes. I can get it from them for $109 witch is a good price, but i want your opinion on this before i buy it. ended up leaving the shop with Sparco Grip pedals instead... :)

·
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
does anyone have an idea of a good website or something that has a lot of parts for G20's the p11 versions. im having trouble finding a lot of stuff for it

·
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You won't really find a web site with nothing but G20 parts. there is just a few things here and there. best thing is ask what you are looking for to see if anyone can recomend you a good site for that item...

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
/\/\/\ Nope, not really. The aftermarket support for the P11 isnt very strong. We get most of our stuff from other forum members via groupbuys or private sales. Occasionally something will pop up on ebay but you have to know exactly what your looking for on there so you dont buy crappy stuff. Here as well as the sr20forum is a good place for engine mods since alot of Sentra parts will cross reference. :smile: D

·
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what muffler would you recomend for my car then?
i want something that will give me a nice sound.
thanks for your help...

·
Registered
978 Posts
remus sport exhaust

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
SgtDGun said:
back on topic. any muffler with that big of an exit will sound like a ricer lawn mower. so if thats the sound your going for then buy it
not true. i have an OBX B9 with a 4" outlet and 2.5" mandrel bends and it sounds
awesome. no drone at highway speeds, deep deep tone, and nice growl at idle:

if i were you id save some $$$ and shop around on ebay for a decent universal.
you can find good stuff for well under $100. then you can use the cash your gonna
save to get some nice mandrel bent custom tubing.

·
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for asking so many questions, but i just looked at Magnaflow. and saw that all their sigle tips are also 4". just the duals are 3"
so would the Magnaflow 4" ones be the same as the Tenzo R as far as noize? or they still sound better??

i want to go with a single tip since my rear bumper has that lil lip for one tip and not two.
I'm looking for something with a 2.25" Inlet since i will be doing a custom cat-back. i just need a good muffler for it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
hmm. if you want a stock sound try the Apex-i WS Universal, and something loud try the Apex-i N1..But I would recommend HKS Hi Power Universal. I personally dont have an exhaust at the time but I've heard these exhausts from other cars and the High Power and N1 gives that low growl and it sounds really nice. The WS is more of a stock looking exhaust, it might not sound as loud but it looks really nice.

_mikey

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Cesardrgn said:
Sorry for asking so many questions, but i just looked at Magnaflow. and saw that all their sigle tips are also 4". just the duals are 3"
so would the Magnaflow 4" ones be the same as the Tenzo R as far as noize? or they still sound better??

i want to go with a single tip since my rear bumper has that lil lip for one tip and not two.
I'm looking for something with a 2.25" Inlet since i will be doing a custom cat-back. i just need a good muffler for it.
as far as i know magnaflow and remus produce the best sound.
i dont think theres gonna be much of a difference between the dual and single tip
when it comes to sound. thats all for show, not performance for noise.

and if your car has the trim (lip as you described it), then its meant
for a dual tip. doesn't mean a single tip wont look good though

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
im lookin for everything on a G20 p11, im 16 years old, imma get a G20, i have a part time job, no bills so all the money can be dedicated to it.
im really lookin for everything, cold air intake, headers, low compression pistons because im planning on putting a turbo (disco potatoe) if anyones heard of it. full suspension, with a 1-1.5 in. drop. im lookin to make this amazingly fun to drive, but at the same time giving me the luxury that i desire. so if anyone has any suggestions in where a good source for parts and accesories to the G20 p11 i would appriciate if you notified me of the source.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
bmexicang said:
im lookin for everything on a G20 p11, im 16 years old, imma get a G20, i have a part time job, no bills so all the money can be dedicated to it.
im really lookin for everything, cold air intake, headers, low compression pistons because im planning on putting a turbo (disco potatoe) if anyones heard of it. full suspension, with a 1-1.5 in. drop. im lookin to make this amazingly fun to drive, but at the same time giving me the luxury that i desire. so if anyone has any suggestions in where a good source for parts and accesories to the G20 p11 i would appriciate if you notified me of the source.
well 1st off welcome to Gnet...
2nd, search and you shall find everything your lookin for...
and lastly, no thread jacking :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have a DNX canister..4.5in outlet..2.5in inlet and its not loud. Deep tone....not raspy. just because its cheap and universal doesnt always mean it sucks......just most of the time.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
also remember that sr20's are sorta known for makin exhausts a lil louder..not ricer at all though..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts