Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does somebody know how to remove the passenger airbag once it is deployed? I'm a proud owner of a G20 1995 . I've tried to remove, but i couldn't find which screws i have to losen in order to remove it. If you can plz post some pics.

In advance, thanks so much, have a nice day.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
I suggest taking the glove box off & getting a torch on the job

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Err yeah ......... Not blowlamp :-0

·
Registered
430 Posts
ehh airbags suck thats why im glad my car ain got em. you can also check out mitchell @ ondemand5.com it does cost money to register but saaves ya buying manuals.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
4dollarg20 said:
ehh airbags suck
Would you rarther headbutt the dash ? ......... Nooooo course you wouldn't ......... Mind you they is a right royal PITA when they goes boobies up :knockout:

They cost the freakin' earth to repair too :smoke:

My 97 P11 had an attack of complete SRS activation a while ago just after it was unloaded from a 747 long haul flight ......... Fortunately I get on well with the freight dude (A relative) & some insurance policy paid for a new set of bags some new belts & a deaccelaration device ............ It was donald trump kinda money ................... Still my Nissan is good to go now ;)

A airbag in the mush ...... ain't that painfull ........ However the seatbelt pre tensioners ache like a ferker afterwards :(

:beard:

·
Registered
430 Posts
id rather headbut the wheel than get a broken neck yeah. thats why 5 points are mandatory in all my cars and airbags are disabled the moment i buy the car if it has em. and yeah airbags are a pain to put back at over a grand per airbag to repair. sorry to hear that they went off in the plane that blows. but yeah i dont like airbags i knew like 3 people who have died from them and 2 others who have sever back and neck problems because of them.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
hmmmm lets weigh the odds... neck and back problems, or DEAD? if airbags were THAT DANGEROUS, dont you think auto manufacturers would have come up with something different by now? i mean come on. they have been around for 16+ years now.

*edit: the way to take the airbag out is by removing the glovebox. you need a special "tamper resistant torx bit". it has about 6 of these torx bolts holding it in.

·
Registered
430 Posts
they are getting better but i prefer not to have them. just cuz ive lost frends due to them and they wer low impact collisions just enough to set off the airbags. so either way im scared shitless of them and would rather see five point harnesses in cars then all these airbags. the only ones i like are the side impact ones..

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
StangG20 said:
hmmmm lets weigh the odds... neck and back problems, or DEAD? if airbags were THAT DANGEROUS, dont you think auto manufacturers would have come up with something different by now? i mean come on. they have been around for 16+ years now.

*edit: the way to take the airbag out is by removing the glovebox. you need a special "tamper resistant torx bit". it has about 6 of these torx bolts holding it in.
is that the torx bit with the little nipple down in the middle of it? if you can't find the bit, try to drill the nipple out. if that fails drill the head off the screw

·
Registered
430 Posts
go to a hardware store and get the set for phone boxes they have that lil nipple thing so you dont have to drill nuttin.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
SgtDGun said:
is that the torx bit with the little nipple down in the middle of it? if you can't find the bit, try to drill the nipple out. if that fails drill the head off the screw
yep thats the one. i think its like a t50 or t55 torx. i found it at autozone. had trouble finding it elsewhere

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Ya know ..... Ppl die ........ Tiz a fact of life ...... & a very sad one too :(

I dunno if i'd get in to a car that the driver insisted that I wore a 5 point ......... Who am I kidding I just wouldn't ............. Mind you given a car that was fitted with SRS & I had the option of wearing the belt or paying the consiquenses ....... I'll go for the second option ............

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
lol j..m. im with ya

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Easy to find the Security Torx bit- got mine at NAPA. You need to use thread locker when you put them back in. You do got to take the dash apart, I believe the glove box out. There's a little door, if memory serves, in the roof of the glove box, to access the airbag connector. Be sure and disconnect the batt before messing with anything on the SRS. Also, if you blew airbags, you have to replace the seatbelt pretensioners and the SRS computer. Otherwise, you won't get the airbag lite to stay off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
4dollarg20 said:
they are getting better but i prefer not to have them. just cuz ive lost frends due to them and they wer low impact collisions just enough to set off the airbags. so either way im scared shitless of them and would rather see five point harnesses in cars then all these airbags. the only ones i like are the side impact ones..
I tend to agree with you on the airbags. Here is an informative link about airbag safety and how they aren't as usefull as many are lead to believe:

http://www.airbagonoff.com/Dr_Evans_Airbag_Safety.htm

It is chapter 12 of a book about Auto Safety. A worthwhile book to obtain and read.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts