Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many miles I can expect from a 2002 sport I am considering buying, it has 200K on it now, I drove it today, drove like it had 100K on it, seems to be well maintained. Its bone stock and I intend to keep it that way. Just going to be used as a commuter car, and if the motor does or trans does let go, how much can I expect to pay for a used motor or trans?

Back in the day you would call attarco for a used motor, I don't know who I would call now, been out of the game for a while, car is very clean for an black 02 sport, just needs an detail, I hate black paint but this one is pretty clean.

AC blows cold, stock radio does not work or turn on, antenna is broke, needs fr left cv boot, otherwise it runs really good.

Any inputs or thoughts?

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
There's no reason it can't do double that. If it runs good buy it. It seems like most of the P11s that have problems ALWAYS have problems . Make sure the crank pulley is good they tend to go bad at 200k area by design (rubber)

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Impossible question to answer as to how long it will last. At 200k things will be going besides the engine like alternator, ac compressor, starter, Maf, wheel bearings, bushings, motor mounts etc. If doing the work yourself a new to you engine will be about $500. DE engines are cheap. I've actually seen some sit on here fs for a really long time and no one buys them. I would expect to pay about double if you are getting it done.

I myself wouldn't run a 200k mike car as a daily unless I put the first 200k on the car. But if you can get it for a good price and don't mind turning a wrench once in awhile I would say go for it.

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
thoughts on black paint.....the paint seems to hold up on P11s pretty good if it's taken care of. Sentra's of the same years have nasty fade and clear coat issues that i see on the road. Infiniti quality shines through.

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
There's no reason it can't do double that. If it runs good buy it. It seems like most of the P11s that have problems ALWAYS have problems . Make sure the crank pulley is good they tend to go bad at 200k area by design (rubber)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car will be in the neighborhood of $3200 again, some of the things that are done include, all 4 struts with KYB GR2's, newer bridgestones all around. The AC blows cold, sunroof works. some wet spots on the bottom around the oil pan but no oil on the ground.

Just wonder if it would be worth it to just buy it and see what happens, there are NO service records

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
still deciding if I should pick up that 02 sport for a project to work on!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.