Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i JUST BOUGHT A NEW MOTOR THE SR20DE WITH CP 8.5 TO 1 COMP. PISTONS. EAGLE RODS. BORE TO 89MM I THINK. UPGRADED HEAD GASKET. IM COMPLETELY BUILDINGMY LOWER END. I ALSO GOT THE 3 ANGLE VALVE JOB WITH VALVE STOPERS AND THE S3 CAMS. I HAVE THE GT28RS TURBO KIT WITH 50LB INJ. AND THE COBRA MAF. I HAVE THE JWT COMP AND THE SAFC2 FUEL COMP. WITH A 3 INCH DOWNPIPE. I WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH BOOST I SHOULD RUN AND HOW MUCH POWER AT THE WHEELS AT THE PSI YOU SUGGEST?

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
WHY ARE YOU YELLING ?

The GT28RS is good for 320whp, the injectors should be good for that power. The Cobra MAF is rated at some 300whp.
How much boost: 13psi daily, 18psi on the dyno.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasnt yelling. LOL i was running 17psi in my stock sr20de motor 9.5 to 1 comp. and that was daily. The motor lasted 40000 miles with that psi so i wanted to run 20 psi daily and 25 psi on the track and on the dyno. Your telling me that all the money i spent on this new motor i cant increase my psi at all??

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like what and ill tell you if i did it or not exxd

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
timg20t said:
i wanted to run 20 psi daily and 25 psi on the track and on the dyno. Your telling me that all the money i spent on this new motor i cant increase my psi at all??
Yes you can, but you'll need another turbo, another injectors, another MAF, probably another IC and another clutch. Have you done a compression check on your freshly rebuild SR20 in order to take that beating ?

exxd said:
There are alot more factors then building the bottom end and just cranking up the boost.
True.

·
Registered
369 Posts
if the motor its in good condition at 15 lbs you can get about 340whp so be carefull

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes jgy customs is builing the motor for me so they are going to do the comp check. And will this set up at least give me 300-340 whp because thats what i want for now then ill get the 72 lb inj and upgrade my clutch. what maf should i get. And what can i expect out of my set up now for whp rating.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea jgy is redueing my low and upper ends with all new parts.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
randyo156 said:
anything under 20 and ull be fine for a daily driver
I don't think the GT28RS will breathe over 18psi.. If it does it will be pushing a lot of hot air.
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT28/GT2860R_707160_5.htm

jpsr20det said:
if the motor its in good condition at 15 lbs you can get about 340whp so be carefull
Yeah, with a GT30R like yours.

timg20t said:
what maf should i get. And what can i expect out of my set up now for whp rating.
Z32 or Q45, with 72lbs and a GT2871R or a GT30 you'll get those numbers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
timg20t said:
yes jgy customs is builing the motor for me so they are going to do the comp check. And will this set up at least give me 300-340 whp because thats what i want for now then ill get the 72 lb inj and upgrade my clutch. what maf should i get. And what can i expect out of my set up now for whp rating.
Your power limiting factor will be the GT28RS. If you want more then 340-360ish It would be wise to move up to bigger turbo.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
carlosr i have the part number 430609-231 with the .86 a/r dose that make a difference

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No i dont i wish i did.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the .86 a/r with a t2 flange if that helps

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JGY has always done good for me so far i bought everything from them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts