Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how much I should list my G at since I might have to sell it soon. It's been in the family since 94 and has served well but with 110k approaching it's time to let go :(

It's a 94 with 107k miles right now. Single owner, and adult owned (woman :)). Maitenance done religiously, and have all documents to prove it. It is a very well documented car. We have everything from the original business card of the salesman to the recent aftermarket timt job papers, not to mention the important repair stuff. Oh yeah, and it's been under warranty until recently so all service except recent new pads and an oil change have been done at the dealership. Exterior is champagne, excelent paint condition. A few dents but I might have them pulled. There's the usual minor road rash on the front bumper. Leather interior is superb with only about 2" square of spider cracking on the driver seat bolster just starting. only flaw. a few little stains on carpet and stuff but no big deal, we can have them removed. Aftermarket speakers and head unit since the bose crapped out. but they're good speakers ($100 a pair). Tires with 80% or more left. We just did a recent $3000 maitenance on the car (at the dealership). EVERYTHING wrong was fixed. a little tranny work, seals, oil leak, etc. Basically we paid to get it in tip top shape. One problem- there's a small chip in the windshield. not a crack but only a small chip. 1/4" at most.

How much should i list the car at? I've never sold a used car so don't know exactly where to start.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Buddy......... 107k?............it's just getting warmed up!!!

Seriously, these cars are made to last (unless those 6 digits rolled up on taxi duty in the Big Apple).

Just what are you plannin' to replace it with?

Don't do something you might regret.... I've sold too any cars that I'd grown tired of owning that I now wish I'd held on to.

:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
880 Posts
I agree with Don, with a 107k miles on it your engine is just getting warmed up. It has been seen time and time again that the sr20 just get's better and better with age. There are many people that are driving 210k+ mile cars that run better and stronger than the cars with 60k on them. But if you are dead set on selling the car you could probably get $6k.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Yup those guys are on to something. If you just put a bunch of money into fixing it and nothing is wrong and runs nice, keep it. Unless that is, you are looking for a reason to get rid of it. Sounds like you have a real gem on your hands.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
yes!

I've invested over $3K in my car since buying it in Janurary and have to probably sell it due to my job situation but if it works out before I loose my job and I don't sell, I won't be upset... The ONLY reason I offered it for sale is because of my job situation.. My 93.5 has only 71K miles on it with lots of recent maintenance and updating so all the new owner has to do is get in and drive...

BUT the problem with selling ANY car with over 100K miles is that too many people downgrade a car with high mileage.

Fortunately, the G20 is rated the best used car for reliability so $6K for over 100K sounds very reasonable especially if you only need to get in and drive (for the new owner)....

BTW: Your location will also somewhat dictate what you can get for the car. IT depends on the demand in your location? Make sure to mention your location when you post your ad!

...just my .02 anyway

·
Registered
836 Posts
As some of you may know, my father is an Infiniti master tech, and he says that he has a 91 G come in for its regular maintenance, every couple of months, and it is now nearing 400k with NO problems. Of course it has taken money to replace minor things that go wrong over time, but he says it runs great. Think about this 400k on the sr20 and no major problems! Really says something about infiniti.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
yup...

I know an Infiniti Master Tech myself who sees P10s every day and 90% of them have over 100K with most them over 150K... (and a few over 200K)

As long as you do your normal maintenance with a focus on proper oil changes (proper oil weight and oil filter change) every 3 months or 3K miles, you should be good to for a really REALLY long time!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah but I think it also depends on the way you drive. When I bought my car, it had 120K miles on it, but in a week I drove the rods out of it. :*( I got a swap soon afterward though...so it should be straight for another 100K I hope.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
yes...

this is true of any car! Beat on the car, and it will break! Drive it normally and do the proper maintenance and it will be reliable for a long time (yes even cheap GM cars -- at least the ones without known tranny or other problems --- my neighbor had an 89 Grand Am with 230K miles on it... no issues other than normal maintenance (tune ups, brakes, exhaust, etc.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup, it was a middle aged woman driver so it has been driven well. Oh yeah, and I'm in orlando where there's never any snow or salt to ruin a frame :D.

I'm getting another nissan engine'd car. 300zx. I just need something sportier i guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts