Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this alignment shop next to my house is asking for $180 to install my Eibach Pro Kit for my p11.

Is that reasonable? I don't know...it just seems so expensive.

·
Registered
836 Posts
My father is an Infiniti Technician, so I got mine done for free :lick: . But it did take us about three hours total to do them all. So that MIGHT be reasonable.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You shold be looking to pay 100$ to 150. I paid $150 for my install. The best place to go to get this work done is your local import shop cuz they'll do it quicker and actually know what there doing. When I was young and stupid I took my car to America's Service Station to put performance shocks on and they ended up puting some of my springs on upside down. I took it in for the 2nd time to correct the problem and they had 2 upside down and the other 2 right side up. It took them 3 times to get it right.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I think it's a do it yourself job. The Strut compressors are free loan at Autozone and you'll learn a lot about your suspension besides saving some money. :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm well does anyone have a DIY on how to install lowering springs?

I mean I would consider it but...I just wanna get an idea of what I'm looking at here.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
It's actually pretty basic. If you don't have the tools you'll need a good metric socket and open/box wrench set. Something from sears would be OK. A 2' 1/2" breaker bar. A 1/2" 17mm socket and wrench (I think it's 17mm for the upper link bolts on the front). A pair of plyers for the front break lines. A spring compressor (very necessary). Umm, an adjustible or 8mm wrench to hold the strut rod. If you really want to tackle it yourself let me know and I can probalby write something fairly good up for you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
just pay

i say you just pay cause if you mess up and the spring shoots out there goes your face my friend that worked at strause was doing that every day and one day bam his whole face crushed think about that:eek:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm getting it done .. .I actually found a pretty good deal for a price around here. 220 for installation of lowering springs and mounting and balancing my new rims and tires...so I'll just go with thtat.

thanx people though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts