Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wanna get a carbon fibre hood and the real reason i want it is to reduce the weight of the car, i mean hell it looks cool as hell but still i want it more for performance reasons even tho i won't really be racing the darn thing haha. My G is a long term project for me and i wanna see little improvements over time. I will repaint the G in spring. I won't do any engine work to the car until i drive the crap outta the current one. So far i have 170kish on the engine and i have no idea how much longer it will run but who knows. I can wait to see how long it runs before i swap it out. This way it gives me a chance to pocket away some more money and maybe work on other things for the G before i get to the engine swap. I was thinking more cosmetic mods before anything else. I do notice the huge weight on the car tho and i wanted to drop weight on it slowly. I just thought the CF hood would be a good way to start. Eventually i wanna get the trunk as well. Oh well i have no idea where to even get a CF hood atm but i am gonna look around. I have noticed its a hard part to find tho for the p11.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Okay. A CF hood weighs like 10 lbs... compared to the stock hood which weighs like 50. It wont make any significant difference in performance unless you're drag racing. If you want a true to the bone CF hood.. dont buy EFX. They're not fully made of CF. A good CF hood is going to run you at least $700 not including shipping. However, EFX is sturdy and doesn't weigh much.

I used to have a Carbon EFX (found on EBAY)... it was awesome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts