Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1996 Infiniti G20 a couple months ago, but it's not fast enough for me. I have $800 to put into it. What mods should I get? Any ideas how to increase low end torque?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Hotshot header (~$425), Hotshot Cold Air Intake (~$250??) and a short shifter. :D The short shifter won't give you more power but it's well worth the money.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
G-Forces said:
Hotshot header (~$425), Hotshot Cold Air Intake (~$250??) and a short shifter. :D The short shifter won't give you more power but it's well worth the money.
:cool: I strongly suggest that this also be put in the FAQ asap for the newbies. In fact, whenever a newbie asks a question like this(and they inevitably will),we should send them a link to this thread.=) =)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Header will give you more benefit than a cat-back will. The stock G20 exhaust system is pretty good and is not really very small considering it's only a 2.0L engine.

Unless your exhaust is turning to rust, get the header.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah, I defintally agree with GForces on this one too. That will give you the most power for the money and the short shifter makes a HUGE difference.

Jim

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yes it does need a smaller battery. Not much smaller, but smaller none the less. I have a HS CAI that I could sell you if you're interested. It would be for less than HS asking price.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
You know, on both my G20's, and 3 batteries later, i havn't had to do anything for my CAI to fit properly other than just push the battery all the way over to the front corner of the tray (lower left corner when you look at it from the bumper). I don't know why everyone says this, it may be the location you cut the hole, but i've never not been able to fit the CAI, because of the battery.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hotshot CAI (you wont need a smaller batt even though they recomend one), headers and a short throw sound like a great way to start off your power mod's. Just dont expect a miricle from those parts. Why not put that money into a savings account and save up for a T25 setup???

·
Registered
56 Posts
GtRider said:
i would change the suspension first then work on the engine.
A very good idea,
Even though the car handles well stock, i'd rather carve the corners than be able to increase the engines already few hp's.

If it is possible to save more $, go for the sr20ve. I'm seeing it cheaper every day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A friend once told me this theory:
"Make your car turn on a dime and stop on a dime, before you spend a dime under the hood."

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
"Make your car turn on a dime and stop on a dime, before you spend a dime under the hood."
That's not so hard if your engine isn't putting out more power than the brakes and suspension can handle anyways.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
A buddy (Dave Miller) put an AEM intake on his (Beater G in KC), and it made awesome power. Brad Woodworh, RE of SERCA Plains States also replaced his B14's Hot Shot intake with the AEM, though he didn't say anything about noticing a difference. I think he put S3 cams in, though, so he's a bad example. :) AEM is the only intake company I know of that actually uses a dyno to tune the intakes before putting them into production, and seems to make a quality CAI, with at least similar if not better quality than PR and HS.

Does the AEM on P10s need a battery relocation or smaller battery? AEM tends to use smaller tubing than PR and HS do, presumably to get better torque curves and avoid nasty issues like battery interference. ;) They list very high (pricey), but one can find them all over for about $250 for the B platforms; I'd assume* that the same may apply for the Ps...

[*] Yeah, I know what ass-u-me'ing does...

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
CowboyDren said:
but one can find them all over for about $250 for the B platforms; I'd assume* that the same may apply for the Ps...
Man I've been trying to sell my B14 AEM CAI for months now! I had it price at 190+ shipping and noone was biting. I guess you can get them for around 200 now anyway. :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
How about brakes?

How about brakes? The brakes on P10 are good; moreover, it could be better. I don't know the price on brake upgrades. Get good sports brake pads, motul brake fluids, and stainless brake lines at first.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts