Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace them :(

thanx guys

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just unscrew that rear deck cover thing... there are three screws in the middle. Pull it up and towards the front of the car. Unscrew the speakers. Viola!

JP

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ahh jeesh. Hehe..well heres a step-by-step.

1) Take out the bottom of the back seat. You need to pull the two tabs between the carpet and the seat. Pull it out and the seatbelts through the seat.

2) The vertical portion of the back seat should be left. Unscrew two screws in the bottom corners of it. Open up the armrest. Pull out the backing piece on it (its velcroed, comes right out). Then undo the two bolts on the metal brace right there. Now LIFT UP on the seat as far as you can go and pull forward. You need to lift up because as you will see, there are little hooks that hold the top portion of the seat up.

3) Unsnap the 4 little black snaps that are along the back dash on the vertical portion in front.

4) Unscrew carefully the 3 fuzzy screws up front...screw and pull.

5) Pull back on the brake lamp, undo the wire harness.

6) Reach your hand under the back dash as far back as you can go and push up...you will feel the 5 plastic pop rivets pop up in the back then pull it away. It will have to hang in the front there with the seatbelts unless you want to unbolt the belts and pull it through.

7) Go in the trunk and undo the wire harness to the individual speaker.

8) Go back in the car and unscrew the speaker from the top.

9) Install your new speaker.

10) Go backwards on this list to install everything back.

Note: P10 rear deck speakers are not EXACTLY 6.5's they are oversized or plus size 6.5's. If you get regular 6.5s, you have to ghetto rig.

Go grab a beer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I blew my front drivers side speaker a few days ago...

how do you get at that one? I took at a look at it, but it looks like you have to take out the whole door panel? any clues..

·
Registered
710 Posts
Re: I blew my front drivers side speaker a few days ago...

lukeyc3 said:
how do you get at that one? I took at a look at it, but it looks like you have to take out the whole door panel? any clues..
Many people say that you have to remove the whole door panel. Nahhh...

The grille cover on the front there is only attached to the door by little bent tabs. Get a flat blade and carefully pry them away. You'll see where the tabs are becuase they are part of the grille itself so it will be a little round lip going inside the door. There should be at least *one* little tab on each side of the grille..

Dont be afraid to pull with a little force.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
kickercarg20 said:
here are some pics of my back dash, I can help ya out if you're thinking about doing something like this...

http://www.geocities.com/backdash2000/index.html?1020129918020
Damn that sweet!!!

2 Questions...howd u do that, got specs? Anddd...

I know that sometimes in the car, speakers are factory positioned to resonate off the back window, giving you good sound all around. How is it with that new setup compared to stock?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's a lot clearer and the imaging of the sound was lifted so it's more directed towards the ear of the listener. What do you mean specs? I have the specs of the speakers but i don't think that's what your asking for. I can tell you how i built it if thats what you are talking about. Thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
14 Posts
well I used the orginal dash as a template for size. cut it out, then arranged the set where I thought it would sound the best and cut it out like an oval (just like you would for a kickpod) then used some wood for stilts to angle it up and attach it to the back deck then used the stuff the make casts (for broken bones) to wrap around the pod (this works good, cheaper and easier to use then fiberglass. You can get it at local Pharmacies) then I just carpeted it. This might be a little confusing, if it is just tell me and i'll try to explain it better step by step. Good Luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts