Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally got around to installing my Hotshot Header and Greddy Evo Exhaust. The Header was a no brainer, a couple of scrapped knuckles but everything worked out fine.

On the Greddy Evo Exhaust for the 99' there are some mods that you have to do in order to get it to fit right. Here are the photos.

I believe the 2000+ models have a different cat mounting point, and the exhaust should fit just fine. On the 99' the exhaust is just a little longer than the stock one

The old exhaust measured 31-5/8" from a common mounting point

as compared to 33-1/8" on the new one

I knew about this from others that had the same problem.

So with that I hacked off the extra length

and prepped the flange to be welded back onto the exhaust

It was close, but there was a slight angle on the flange that I noticed. I didnt think too much about it but it came back to haunt me later....

After I started to bolt the assembly back onto the car, I noticed that the muffler was not alingning up with the cut out on the bumper, figured - oh well Ill just modify the bracket.

thinking this will solve my problem. It made it better but you can still see the exhaust is not alingned with the cutout on the bumper

That small angle on the welded flange quickly added up to be a big angle down the road. A lesson learned here, make sure you get that flange nuts on center, or have a professoinal do it.

Hope this answers any questions others may have about the Greddy Evo on a 99G.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Good stuff! We'll have to turn this into a HOWTO article when we get our server problems ironed out.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just another note: Ive since fixed the problem of the muffler not being centered, and I had to take out a number of heat shields due to them rubbing the exhaust piping....

One happy camper here....

·
Registered
522 Posts
You know the piece of metal that is held on by 8 bolts/nuts (by the hanger in the middle of the car), what the hell is that for? It is directly underneath the exhaust and runs about a third the width of the car.

Maybe a pic this weekend will help out...

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jmgladden said:
You know the piece of metal that is held on by 8 bolts/nuts (by the hanger in the middle of the car), what the hell is that for? It is directly underneath the exhaust and runs about a third the width of the car. Maybe a pic this weekend will help out...
You mean this thing here...

I think is a structural member for the body, its a pretty stout piece of metal. I had to trim that a bit for better clearance on the exhaust (note red circle). If its not for support, then my guess would be like a crash plate to protect the under side of the vehicle...dunno really, your guess is as good as mine..

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yeah, every now and then if it gets pretty cold out, it will rattle for a few seconds on that thing. Not that big a deal, just not perfect. =) It was so damn sturdy that I decided to go ahead and leave it on. Didn't want to f' anything up!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a 2001 would I have to do any modifications before installing? If not the installation is pretty straight forward right?

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2001G20 said:
I have a 2001 would I have to do any modifications before installing? If not the installation is pretty straight forward right?
To my knowledge there is no modifications to the exhaust for the 2000+ models...

The install is really straight forward. Things to have before you start. A good floor jack, Really good Jack Stands (you dont want to kill your self), Penetrating oil (a MUST!!), 14 - 12 - 10mm sockets (1/2" drive preferrably) and wrenches, some grease (for lubing the rubber holding thingys, and a roll around on your back thingy (I didnt have one but it would have helped tons). Thats pretty much it, should take you about 1-2 hours or so. An extra set of hands is good for helping to aling the pieces so you can bolt them up. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hardest part for me was breaking the bolts. Those sucker were on there tight, even after spraying WD-40 on them like there was no tomorrow.

·
Registered
95 Posts
greddy evo

Yahnozha where did u purchase your greddy evo from?
at infinitipartsusa.com they have a listing of the greddy evo that says 98+ application..do u have any info on that?is it corrected from that 2 extra inches for the 2000+?
any details would be greatly appreciated ..thanks

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my exhaust from Luke at www.digitalracer.com ([email protected]) I dont recall how much I paid, but he did cover the shipping costs for me. Email him if your serious, if not dont waste his time, he gets tons of email....

I doubt any changes have been made on the exhaust, so it *should* bolt right up to the 2000 modle, I think the 99's are the only year that needs modifications....good luck man....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Re: greddy evo

JerPinoyBoi said:
Yahnozha where did u purchase your greddy evo from?
at infinitipartsusa.com they have a listing of the greddy evo that says 98+ application..do u have any info on that?is it corrected from that 2 extra inches for the 2000+?
any details would be greatly appreciated ..thanks

Hey man, if you are lookin for a greddy evo exhaust, go to a site called prostreetonline.com. They run about $466.97. Thats the only place i can find one now

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Well at least people are searching :-\

·
Registered
925 Posts
G2002 said:
Well at least people are searching :-\

Thats what i was going to go with. Kudos to yourname!!! It just caught my eye because I was like [email protected] doesn't have a greddy on his car. Whats going on? I was starting to think like maybe he modded a greddy to put on the race car. He's crafty like that.

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
golfboarder said:

Thats what i was going to go with. Kudos to yourname!!! It just caught my eye because I was like [email protected] doesn't have a greddy on his car. Whats going on? I was starting to think like maybe he modded a greddy to put on the race car. He's crafty like that.

OOH, ok, as long as you were gonna give props... :)

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
While we're on the subject

Do you greddy evo owners think that it would be possible to quiet down the exhuast be adding a larger ressonator? Im wondering if any P11 owners have taken any steps to quiet it down?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts