Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search words: Air Filter, P11 Filter, Filter Replacement, In Cabin Filter, A/C Filter, Musty Smell

I decided to change the air filters in my car. These things can get awfully dirty. I wanted to make a how to guide so people would know exactly how to do it. I hope this helps you.

----Instructions----

Before you begin, please have the following things ready
- a phillips screw driver
- a flathead screwdriver
- your replacement filters (They come in a pair from www.infinitipartsusa.com)

Now on to the filter replacement

1. Locate the kick panel right under your glove box (pic 1) . Remove the one hand screw that secures it, and pry the panel off.

2. Now that the panel is off, you can see why we had to remove it (pic 2). It blocked a key tab that is needed..you'll see in a bit.

3. The glovebox is held on by (6) screws. Locate the (2) on the bottom of the glovebox and remove them (pic 3).

4. Open the glovebox to reveal the remaining (4) screws, and remove them (pic 4).

5. Give the glovebox a firm tug towards you to remove it. Do not just let the glovebox fall or yank it quickly away from the dash. There is a glovebox light that is attached to the glovebox (pic 5). Make sure to give the connecter a slight turn, then the light will come right off.

6. Take off the entire glovebox and put it gently on the ground somewhere.

7. Ahhh, now you can see where those pesky filters are. But make sure to remove the little black clip on the bottom filter (pic 6). I used a flathead screwdriver and it popped right off.

8. Pull the old filters out, and slide those brand new white filters in (pic 7). I put a little white bucket underneath the filters because quite a bit of debris can come out including leaves, bugs, and whatever else.

9. After the filters are in, put on the little black clip, snap the glovebox back into place and replace the 6 screws.

10. The next part isnt hard, but requires a little finesse. You have to replace that little plastic kick panel you removed in step 1. But you have to make sure that the 2 tabs go into place, and that panel slides underneath the plastic door sill (pic 8). It takes a little bit of trying, but you will get it pretty quick. And finally secure the hand screw you took off in step 1.

11. Congrats! Crank up the A/C and smell the clean filtered air of job well done

Just a comparison shot of the two.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heres a picture for everyone to get an idea of how dirty these things get. Here are my old filters sitting next to my new ones.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Great write up !!! I think I will order some right now .... how much ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
very good write up...i think ima change mine tommorow when i get it back form the sop :)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
so where do U get these filters....I think Ima do this b4 my trip to Orlando....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great write-up!

Does anyone know the part number of these filters? They're the same as one of the Nissan's, but I can't remember - Frontier, XTerra, Pathfinder, Altima... ??

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mep said:
Nice write up, & holy crap those original filters are disgusting! How many miles does your car have out of curiousity?

mep
Thank ya mep, at the time I replaced the filter I had about 50,000 miles on the car.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great write-up!!! I wish this was posted waaaaay sooner though.
I had the toughest time taking everything apart. Those tabs are the KEY!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dsigns said:
Nice work, I added it to the FAQ in the general section. :thumbsup:

w00t!

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Damn im gonna order some soon too from infinitipartsusa.com

I have 60,000+ miles so I imagine I have cobwebs in there!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cabin Air Filter PN

According to infinitiparts.com - whch sent me to trademotion.com, under the G20 Store, then Factory Accessories, then 1999-2002 (p11) the Part Number for the cabin air filter is:

In-Cabin Microfilter. Fits all models.
B7200-0W010
Each $30.59

I'm assuming the G20 club discount is off of that price.

HTH, Wardzone

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Sweet

Nice write-up man! :) But damn... $30? That's pretty steep for just a filter... but then I guess it's worth the cost when it's all health related... :paranoid:

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
Man... w/ all the pot i smoke in my car... i wonder what mine will look like... BLECH! and speaking of filters... some lamo at kragen was trying to sell my a "80 Dollar air filter that you'll NEVER HAVE TO CHANGE!" Whatta loser... Nice write up!

·
Registered
926 Posts
That is dirty! I don’t have a p11 but I’m going to consider changing out my filter now. I'm definitely sure most p10 owners, like myself, have dirtier filters than p11 owners. I have close to 150,000 miles, and I doubt the filter has ever been replaced by previous owners.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Re: Cabin Air Filter PN

wardzone said:
According to infinitiparts.com - whch sent me to trademotion.com, under the G20 Store, then Factory Accessories, then 1999-2002 (p11) the Part Number for the cabin air filter is:

In-Cabin Microfilter. Fits all models.
B7200-0W010
Each $30.59

I'm assuming the G20 club discount is off of that price.

HTH, Wardzone
Some additional information/clarification , the price of $30.59 is for a SET of filters (1 carton), so you get two for that price (which is what's needed for replacement). In other words, you place an order for "1" and you'll get a pair of filters. Perhaps Justin might want to clarify that on the webpage.

Me being the ignoramus thought it was 30.59 PER filter element, so I ordered two!

Ah, well. Now I have a 2nd set for the next time I want to change out the filters

Just changed out mine (took all of 10 minutes), and they looked just like that 'before/after' pic that ninja gaiden posted...hehe

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Damn I never even knew the cas had them :confused: .Mine has done like 72000 miles so I best get out there and change them.

Cheers ninja Gaiden.

1 - 20 of 236 Posts