Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
181 - 200 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great write up and helped me change mine a few minutes ago. I had the laptop sitting in the driver seat while I read/worked. Thanks a ton for this as they were way past time to change. I had to vacuum up leaves, etc out of the filter area before putting the new ones in. They only go together one way so take your time and you'll get it done. Top first on the '00 G.

~C

·
Registered
131 Posts

Just a comparison shot of the two.
Well I finally got around to changing the cabin air filters on my 2001 with 106K miles. Mine looked exactly like yours, maybe even a little worse. I bought the car the year a year ago and I assume the filters had never been changed.

I got aftermarket Beck/Arnley filters at Advance Auto Part for $25. They had to order them but they ordered them yesterday and I picked them up this morning. Luckily I have a very slim attachment for my shop vac because there was a lot of debris in the slot where the filters go.

Cabin-Air-Filter-Beck-Arnley

·
brave little...
2,648 Posts
And I live by the words, if it ain't performance parts and it ain't broke, don't fix it. So now, I have two filters sitting in BNIB. If anyone's interested, drop me a message.
how much are you willing to sell them for? might be interested. pm me as to avoid threadjacking and possible ceiling cat repercussions.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
They are in-cabin filters. No HP at all. They filter the air in the cabin.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
put JK or :) because with the onslaught of newbs and the stupid questions I have been seeing on this forum lately someone is going to take that seriously.

·
Registered
131 Posts
how much HP would i get with this replacement
A few but IMO no where near as much as a new muffler bearing. When you weigh the cost vs performance the muffler bearing at $49.99 is the logical choice.

Do you have an annoying rattling in your mufflers? Are they sagging a little? Don't quite sound right? That could be the symptoms of a worn muffler bearing. Allow me to introduce the KaleCoAuto muffler bearing! It's unique iron-graphite composite with pre-grease-packed assembly provides over 200,000 miles of smooth muffler operation! It is most likely they will outlast your mufflers. Also works well on heavy duty exhaust systems. One per muffler.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
10 pages and we still never figured out which models had the filter and which didn't? Anyone know this?

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
10 pages and we still never figured out which models had the filter and which didn't? Anyone know this?
i'm still curious, too. i'll put it on the list for Javi's meet. we should have 4-5 P11s there, all various years.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey, where can I buy the cabin filters locally, do you know GDub? I ll get some this week if I know where to go and where is a good price for them?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Here's mine after 3 years:

Holds fine even without the clip:

The cut I made to the box:

So for those wondering, it works fine for uncut boxes and manual ac.

·
Registered
300 Posts
^^^ what did you use to cut the hole out? and the filters fit snug?
Box cutter/utility knife went right though everything except for the bulge in the middle, got that with a dremel. Just follow the groove and you'll be fine. The filters are still snug and didn't move after three years as you can see in the pic.

181 - 200 of 236 Posts