Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
201 - 220 of 236 Posts

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Box cutter/utility knife went right though everything except for the bulge in the middle, got that with a dremel. Just follow the groove and you'll be fine. The filters are still snug and didn't move after three years as you can see in the pic.
cool, if a box cutter works, then pretty much anything will.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
It would not make sense to have a filter of this type that wasn't replaceable. If you see how much crap they collect, and in a short time, it would severly reduce the performance of the HVAC system. Not something they would design/do. Simply put, at some point they switched from cars not having this option, to having it. Either way, if your car didn't come with it originally, it's simple modification to do for a well-worth-it option to have.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I used a cut up a extra 3M Filtrete Furnace filter (watch up for wire mesh) and used the piece to replace the dirty filter in my wife's 2000 Maxima and the G20. While the 24"x24"x1" was just shy of $20 I can replace the filters in both cars at least 3 times (total of 6).

·
Registered
240 Posts
same here.... I used a medium size utility kitchen knife but be careful though when cutting make sure the blade go straight otherwise you'll hit the radiator fins.

mine is P11 - (2000)... according from the infiniti specs this car doesn't come with IN-CABIN filters. I regret putting these filters on... IMO it is just another maintenance cost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a normal home Furnace Filter from home depot, Im planning on cutting them out constructing them and making cabin filters out from them. However, I do not know how well it works or if its easy to make, It seems easy but it may not be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found out tonight that my 99 G20 didn't come with cabin air filters? I followed the guide in this thread to find the slots where the air filters go are not slots at all, rather have build in covers that are not removable. I'm slightly confused...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I found out tonight that my 99 G20 didn't come with cabin air filters? I followed the guide in this thread to find the slots where the air filters go are not slots at all, rather have build in covers that are not removable. I'm slightly confused...
If you have manual climated control, you dont have these filters...
Found this on page 3. I think this was the consensus we came to. Good news is you dont have to sped $20-$30 to replace these. :teeth:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not really sure how I missed that whole section of this thread, must of skipped a couple pages by accident. Thanks for the heads up.

I already bought the filters, so if anyone wants them I'll sell em' pretty cheap. Or, maybe I will cut the box and install them anyway...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I have infinit G20 1999 and I look at the picture and un-screwed 6 screws but I could not remove the the box to take out the cabin filter

Please help

Thanks

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
is your car equipped with a digital climate control? There is a chance that your car does not have the cabin filter.

201 - 220 of 236 Posts