221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
No they weren't all digi climate.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Excellent write-up! I bought another used G20 and I can tell a smoker once drove it. I'll be replacing mine as soon as the filters arrive. I purchased a set of WIX filters (24863) for $16.90 from Amazon (free shipping if ordering over $25 and I had something else I needed anyways).

·
Registered
468 Posts
I don't remember what thread I had posted in about using the FRAM Febreeze carbon/baking soda based filter, but it should have gone in this thread...

...anyway, just wanted to give an update on it. It kinda cancels out all smells, including Zaino Bros. leather conditioner scent and Squash scented air freshener :(. I alternate between Zaino/Meguiars for leather and Squash/Lime scents, but since I installed the carbon based filter, I have only experienced those scents in other peoples' cars.

On the other hand, my seasonal allergies haven't interfered with driving like they have in the past.

Can't win 'em all.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Excellent write-up! I bought another used G20 and I can tell a smoker once drove it. I'll be replacing mine as soon as the filters arrive. I purchased a set of WIX filters (24863) for $16.90 from Amazon (free shipping if ordering over $25 and I had something else I needed anyways).
Thanks for the info (and for DIY by OP). I will be ordering this soon.

How often to you guys change the cabin filter?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the info (and for DIY by OP). I will be ordering this soon.

How often to you guys change the cabin filter?

Strange thing: the maintenance section of the FSM doesn't address this. I remember reading that it depends on road/driving conditions - and it makes sense. For example, if you drive in dusty areas or on gravel roads you might need to change them every 6k miles , but if you drive in "cleaner" areas like paved roads maybe every 15 - 20 k miles.

Whenever I've changed mine, I've always seen small leaves in the filter medium (we have lots of trees in the area). So if you have more dust or debris in your area, probably every 6 - 12 months (I of course only do it when I remember so it's less frequently than it probably needs to be changed).

Think of it this way - if you don't change it often enough it could affect the airflow in your car's HVAC. I'm going to try to do better about replacing them more frequently.

·
Registered
47 Posts
^ Jeesh, I haven't gotten to it yet but I would not be surprised that the original filters are in there (~12 years old 106 K miles).

I opted to do a power steering flush instead.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the write up. Changed mines out today and lets just say the dust/debris was thick and sticky. That goes to show that the previous owners didn't change those filters out. I also ran the AC for a couple of minutes and it smells so much more better!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tried to find cabin filter shortly after I recently bought my P11. Concluded that it didn't have one. Just checked this thread. None of the other vehicles I service are this complicated to get at the cabin filter. It's an old, but useful post. THANKS!!!

P.S. I suspect I'll find a really gross filter that hasn't been changed in the last 100,000 miles, if ever. Gag!!! :baffled: Gonna check the first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got mine at Advance, twin set (2) filters for under $30.00 . Purolator brand part #C16108. Next step is to change them out tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Changed my cabin filters also. Was not that dusty but lots of leaves and small branches were stuck. Definitely helped remove the faint smells from the AC vents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just changed my filters and when I closed everything up I found the clip that holds the filters in on the floor. I opened everything up to find this was actually a second identical clip. I had heard something metal fall earlier but thought it was from inside the glove box.
is there another spot that has the same clip? Or did this come with the new filters and I didn’t notice maybe? I’m mostly concerned something else is missing the clip.

221 - 236 of 236 Posts