Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how to @ g20style.com
for everyone that asked how I made my custom grill I made up a page and put some in the process pictures up. I will put better finished pics up when i get a chance to take some new ones

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Top notch work! Looks great. I thought about doing this but was afraid to hoop my only grill. :D Glad to see someone had the balls to do it.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO BALLS AT ALL. I ordered a scratched one from a junkyard on line for $60. the first one I broke trying to cut the slats out then I ordered a second a year later and took my time to get it right. so I haven't got the balls to try it on my own.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Hey give yourself some credit. Not many people would drop $60 on something that they might f'up a second time. A lot of people would have given up after the first one. You did a good job there mate. :D

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I still think it would be worth it to just up to the 2002 sports grille (what I did). Especially if you were going to pay $60 for the same grille which you are going to attempt to work on.

The 2002 black sports grille looks wicked, 100 times better than the chrome one.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah but then you just have a 2002 sport look-a-like not original. I'm all for upgrading and I have plenty of 2002 parts on my car but I wanted something different and except for the similarities of the nismo no one has one like mine and all it cost me was $60.
but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
470 Posts
yo grill looks freakin nice man.

I have a 2002 g20 w/sports package and I will definitely say that your grill looks doper than mine.

Its not something that everyone has....stands out but very subtle. I like it a lot. Looks good.

Good job man.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks.
I like the sport grill also and was gonna get one but then It would look like i have a 2002 sport and not something custom. If I got the sport grill I would of gotten a black one but I think the way I went turned out better. I washed my car today and it will be nice for a few days so I will probably take some pictures tommorro. Next week I'm putting the same mesh in the lower grill but I'm gonna put it behind the dividers because I don't like the way it looks when you make two seperate grills. (just my taste) I'll take some of those next week.

to make one you would have to send me your grill and I'd have to charge you alot since I don't want to do it SORRY. It was a little bit of a pain in the ass to get it all smooth.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey dude its okay about making me one... i actually started mine this night b/c i had nothing better to do....

Well first of all, i'm using this gutter guard mesh... i trimmed it to the size of the grill so far but i haven't touched the original grill yet... i plan to get another one preferably from a junk yard... then from there instead of shaving and trimming everything from the grill, i will only cut the slats so that i still have the outer border and the middle piece that swoops down containing the logo... the point is to keep the original (with chrome as the color!) and install the mesh behind for a sportier look...

just one of my idea's

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DEFINETLY get a second grill. If you want to leave the chrome make sure you tape it up good so you don't sratch it. I don't think it will be easy to leave the chrome itact it may chip or flake as you cut it but hten you can always paint it if it doesn't stay.
http://car-part.com/
I searched for mine from the site above and got one with the chrome scrachted for cheap since I was gonna paint it anyway.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey eric just one more thing i gotta ask!

What exactly did you use to cut the original grill with?

After you answer this one I'll leave you alone with the whole grill issue :p

thanks

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used a jig saw awith a metal bit but i had to keep backing up with the plastic melting back together. No problem on the questions ask away

1 - 14 of 14 Posts