Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This write up describes the procedure for custom lighting your corners. By following the steps in this write-up, your corners will be lit when your parking lights are on, and will glow twice as bright when your blinker is engaged.
This mod is very easy, very cheap, very effective, and very neccessary for adding to the flow of your G20 when your lights are on.
(in the pictures my grille is only partially completed)

Materials Needed:
-Dual Filament Socket
-Wire Strippers
-Electrical Wire
-Electrical Tape

-After getting your hands on a set of dual filament sockets, strip away and cut the wires as you see in the pic bellow. Cut away the stock corner sockets and strip down the +/- wires.
-Next, remove the parking light connector, and strip away a section of the positive wire.
-Using the pic below as a reference, wire the yellow circled wire to the negative wire of the corner light's wires, and the blue circled wire to the positive wire.
-Now, using a 3" or 4" priece of elctrical wire, splice the remaining positive wire of the dual-filament socket (circled in red), to the partialy stripped parking light connector wire, and secure all wires with electrical tape.

Once your done, sock in your new corner lights and test them out. they should look like this:

Any questions ask, and let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G20in9sec said:
Will this also work on a p10? I think it would.
What other cars use dual filament sockets?
this mod should work fine on a P10
almost all cars use a duel-filament socket in one place or another. the one that i used from my old camry is actually from the tail lights, so it doesnt matter if its from the front or rear.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
does the socket screw and lock into the light like stock or did you have to modify it

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ no it needs some modification to lock in correctly
i had to shave down the black "ring" so i could turn and lock it in place
in the pics shown they'r only held in by a couple dabs of hot-glue though

·
Registered
906 Posts
I want to know how to get rid of my DRL's, and be able to run the side markers/tailights with my fogs on. Like how you can with an Audi A4.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wait are DRL's are driving lights? if not what are they?
there is a thread on how to get ur fogs to come on with your PL's on...but i dont think thats what your asking...
also, do you mean side markers or the bumper lenses?
if you mean side markers (the ones that flash when ur blinker is on), than your not going to
be able to keep them on without having your front and rear blinkers lit as well.
i think i need a better explanation of what you want to do...

·
Registered
389 Posts
hey can i wrie in the fogs with that hot wire that keeps it always on and have the coners and fogs on without the headlights on?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah...just perform this mod, and the one merlin mentioned above
thatll give you the desired effect i believe
(unless you dont want the PL's on? in that case i wouldnt know what to tell you)

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
DRL's are daytime running lights...the ones that stay on even if you have the light switch off.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Hey, I just did the same mod on my P10. Here's what I did.

I went to a scrap yard and pulled a set of corner lights off a Dodge Caravan. It has the dual filament. It doesn't really matter what you take it off of, as long as it is a dual filament bulb. Make sure you take the socket too, and not just the bulb.

I adapted the socket to fit into the G20 corner light. It was actually pretty easy and it locks in place very well.

Splice the postive wire for the parking light and conect a long enough wire to reach the corner light. With this new wire, conect it to the corner light. Make sure you've conected it to the dimest filament so other people can see when your signal is on.

Next, you need to connect the other two wires from the new socket to the regular corner light wires coming from the harness. There is a ground (black) and a positve (brown).

Once you've put everything back into place and made sure it works, it should look like this.

Thanks NJprimera for writing this up. It really helped alot. Just thought I'd add what I got.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
njprimera said:
yeah...just perform this mod, and the one merlin mentioned above
thatll give you the desired effect i believe
(unless you dont want the PL's on? in that case i wouldnt know what to tell you)
easy if you want to be able to run your fogs anytime you want do the fog mod but hook it either to a ignition hot or a battery hot and your fogs will come on with the fog switch on and either when the ignition key is turned or even when the car is off.

·
Automotive Design Concept
3,522 Posts
sweet im defanitly going to do this

which car has the proper donor housing??

·
Registered
501 Posts
i was going to do this, but didnt get around to it, good write up, u can get the dual filament sockets from an se-r thats where i got mine. freebie!

·
Registered
9 Posts
this is a good and solid idea, took me 5 to 6 hours of nonstop thinking to figure it out, lol, me being in Belize this type of help is not readily available, and i searched for hours on this site, lol after figuring it out i stumble upon this, lol, but there is also another way which involves using the stock housing with the stock bulb, i just don't know how to do it, can anyone help me there?

·
Registered
966 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts