Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of my sun visor sagging and always falling down on me. So out of anger i almost ripped it off.

So here is the solution to your problems.

Step #1

Pry open you sun visor threw the middle with a flat head screwdriver. And it should look like this

Step #2

Disconnect the black wires that go to your mirror. As shown by the two arrows. I would cover them with some tape so they dont touch each other and blow a fuse.

Step #3
Then take the three screws that are pointed by the arrows. And the visor should just fall off with a little twist.

Step #4

You should be left with this black clip. twist it off and proceed to get some pliers and squeeze the clip enough to where you can put it back on the bar again. if you over squeeze the clip just pry it open enough to get it back on visor bar. the black clip has two dents that hold the visor at certain positions make sure to match them up other wise the visor will keep falling down.

Step #5
Put it back together following step #3
Then go to step #2
Then to finish step #1

It should take about 5 to 10 minutes.

This is on a P10 im not sure if this would work on a P11

If the P11 is different please post it on here. With pictures please for other members.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys just tring to help other forum members. And making sure that we all keep our cars and not get frustrated by small things like this.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot to take pictures of the before but it was bad.

And yes i did try to rip it off and thats where i made my mistake. That the little gap there. patience is not one of my strong points.

So dont try to rip it off just fix it lol
did the same to the passenger side and it looks completely normal with no gap

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
I'm going to do mine this weekend.. my car has been doing this for not too long after I purchased it.. this is something that has always bugged me.. thanks for posting this thread!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No problem fellas. Seeing how easy it was to remove I migth do my roof and the visors with suede.

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Ok, I just tried this and have a bit of advice for those trying it. Be VERY careful with the metal tab that you need to take off and bend. Also, do NOT bend it much. I bent mine too much and then it was a bitch to get back on, and I broke a small tab that holds it together.. Lucky for me, I had picked up a spare set of visors, just in case..and I just installed one of those.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea I did mine real tight and it was somewhat hard to put back. Some elbow grease and it should go on there.

I did mine tight because I didn't want to deal with it again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts