Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
G20 1996 Stock OEM Fog LIght Installation

I just installed some stock OEM Fog lights My G20 is a 1996 , the other day, bought some at a wrecking yard, got em, went home, made the cut outs, found the wiring jack, that connects to the fog lights, inside the inner wheel well Left side, and the Right side, had to partially open, or remove inner front wheel well plastic cover, from under, for some space, Jack up the car in the front and remove front wheels. Didn't have to remove entirely the inner wheel well plastics. Connect the wiring, bolt on the Fog Light Bracket, insert the fog lights, from the front area, didn't have to remove the front bumper plastic cover, then Install the switch, at the front plastic trim bezel, for your climate control, and radio area, plug the switch, to the receiving male harness, then, insert the Fog Light Relay, in the inside Hood engine compartment area, check for fuse in Cab area, fuse was all ready there, Turned on lights, then hit the switch and it works.

·
Registered
248 Posts
All of the wiring is already there for g20s that dont already have fog lights. You might have to reach around for the wires because it is taped so it won't hang. But the wires are there. Cut the tape and you will see the connection. There is a seperate switch that has to be installed with a control for the for lights. If you buy from everything20.com the kit will have the lights and the switch.
I have a 99 G20. I found an foglight set at the junk yard today. But when i went to install the stalk for the foglight the plug for the switch is different?

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
I have a 99 G20. I found an foglight set at the junk yard today. But when i went to install the stock for the foglight the plug for the switch is different?
Posting pics of the harness ends will help get you help you need.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
I have a 99 G20. I found an foglight set at the junk yard today. But when i went to install the stalk for the foglight the plug for the switch is different?
Is the foglight set you got from a P11? IF not, then that's you're issue. Although the pole switches look the same, Nissan likes to mix it up with the connectors they use across different cars even though it's for the same type of part/function.

·
Registered
184 Posts
hey i just bought some foglights but when i went to go install, the plugs that were on my p11 were different than the pigtail on the fog i posted pics...should i just splice it the colors on the wires are identical...
the one from my car...

the one from the fog light...

oh and also i have no idea what this other plug is for it was taped next to my driver side fog light plug

·
Registered
184 Posts
thanks....i bought them off a user and completely didnt realize they were jdm lol but yes i spliced them in

21 - 40 of 46 Posts