Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup everyone alright i read somewhere online, i forgot where, but yea i read that the 2002 G20 are 489lb over weight. Meaning that if it lose a good 480lb it's power to weight ratio would be pretty damn good. Does anyone have any ideas how i can make my car lose 480lb easily. I'm already on a diet so don't mention that!!!!! lol Thanks for your time
pz out
nick

·
Registered
117 Posts
i know from experience that you aren't going to make many new friends asking about ripping stuff out of your "luxury sedan" :)

but to start you can:

edit: the neon kit would be the first place to start :p

lose the spare/jack/lug wrench (if you feel you have invincible tires/good roads)

remove the trunk interior, back seat, hardware, rear seatbelts, etc

.......carpeting, pillar covers, roof lining, the motorized parts of your sunroof, air conditioning unit, power steering unit, door panels...it depends on how much of an infiniti you want your car to be once you lose the 500lbs

people will hate, but when i'm looking for a driving experience i dont really care if i'm basking in first class leather. if i wanted luxury included in my driving experience, i'd still have my 97 concorde LXi (two giant leather couches pulled by a big V6)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Myinfinitig20 said:
Does anyone have any ideas how i can make my car lose 480lb easily.
Sure.

Remove the engine and gearbox.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Buy my Integra...

It's already at 2300 lbs...
Seriously, shoot for a reasonable 200 lbs. or so. Light weight racing rims, no spare tire, relocate battery, fiberglass hood and truck, etc. After these, look for more HP. Minus 200 lbs. and plus 40 HP should do nicely. If you want more, just sell it and buy an Altima SE V6 5 speed. Some tweaks (Headers, CAI, exhaust, EPROM) from Stillen should put the Altima at about 300HP for under $30K!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know how much the spare tire, the jack, the hood, and the floormatts weigh? I'm not joking around either but i realised while cleaning the floormatts that those suckers weigh at least 30lb all together. And what are the drawbacks of using a fiberglass hood and how much do those run? Another questions is why relocate the battery .
thanks for your time
nick

·
Registered
117 Posts
the spare tire weighs about 35 lbs, rear seat alltogether 35-40 lbs, i dunno about all trunk interior, rear seatbelt harnesses, jack and hardware. you can find a bunch of stuff to take out, it just depends on what you NEED in the car to be comfortable.

moving the battery to the back will start to even your cars' 50/50 weight ratio, although i doubt you'll ever come close to evening it out.

fiberglass parts are rather expensive, but lighten the load a bit. look into some light weight wheels (under 13-15 lbs each) too. but thats unsprung weight, and works a little different. i think. im tired.

and for the "shut up and buy a lighter/faster car" people, realize that some of us are poor students that are looking for some cheap acceleration, as well as something to do :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the advice. As is what is the weight ration of my car. I always thought it was 50/50 but now from what i hear i realise that its not.
thanks
nick

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I highly doubt you'll find 480lbs in your car to take out and have it still remain safe to drive on the street. If you were looking at 100-200lbs I could see it still being streetable, a couple more pounds might make it not fun to drive, but it would be possible. 500lbs would be not safe. Where did you see this number anyways, is it even a reliable source, how did they come up with this number, etc...? You'd have a much easier time just adding power rather than reducing weight, for a street car. If it's a true racecar then there are other motives for weight savings.

If you search the forum you'll find other posts about mild weight reduction.

Also, the weight ratio of a P10 should be in past threads as well. I remember posting some numbers after I corner weighted my car. (also posted the total weight of the car too)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had to do it...j/k

This is uncalled for and purely for the fun of it.....

Just tell your girlfriend to walk?!?!?!!?

Purely in jest, if you have a girlfriend I am sure she is very fine. If not, glad I could help.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Somewhere on conecrazy.com or something like that; the G20 is claimed to have a 61/39 F/R weight ratio, roughly. I'd say that's about right, for an FF car.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
61/39 wow that sucks ass

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
OK, here goes... these numbers were taken somewhere along the process of corner balancing the car, so they are not the final numbers, but will give you an idea of the weight distribution of the car. the percentages might be rounded, so if it totals 99.9 or 100.1% that's why. Also, the weights did very ever so slightly depending on how the car sat on the scales (a lb or two). final cross percentages were within 1% of 50/50 =)
When i first put the car on the scales too the total weight (reading from all four scales) w/ about a 1/4-1/3 tank of gas, full interior including jack, spare, etc... 2695lbs. only thing i removed was sub and amp.

F- front
R- rear
D- driver side
P- passenger side
T- total

with driver
FD 850 29.7%
FP 927 32.4%
RD 598 20.9%
RP 482 16.8%
FT 1778 62.1%
RT 1081 37.8%
cross percentages
FD-RP 46.7%
FP-RD 53.2%
total weight
2859lbs (i weighed around 165lbs at the time) now more :-\

without driver
FD 818
FP 881
RD 521
RP 493
FT 1698
RT 1013
cross percentages
FD-RP 48.3%
FP-RD 51.7%

Finished up somewhere around (can't find exact numbers at the moment)
Fronts ~830-840lbs
Rears ~505-510lbs
cross percentages (from what i remember)
FD-RP 48.9 or 48.8
FP-RD 51.1 or 51.2

That enough numbers for you? :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
sport compact car

check out the recent sport compact car. make your car into a convertible.

they also took some dead weight off of a civic a couple of years back. i don't know what issue that was.

1. remove the tar from trunk/floorboards
2. take out stereo/speackers and air conditioner
3. carbon fiber hood
4. replace seats with lightweight racing seats
5. replace glass

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wait wait wait wait wait....

damn man...don't be stripping your infiniti apart dude.

What you need to do is hook that bitch up.

headers, cams, ecu, exhaust, intake, even a turbo maybe....

don't lose your car add to your car

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
problem is my parents got me my car and the main reason they chose infiniti over honda accord (2dr) and the toyota celica (gts) is because of the damn 66,000mile warrenty. I know i can probalby get away with an intake cuz i can easily add that to my car and take it away before i see the dealer for a check up, but what about the rest of the stuff. Is it hard to add and remove headers? What about the UT Pulley
thanks for ur time
nick

·
Registered
470 Posts
it depends man...some dealerships are dick heads and others aren't. I think that the rule is that as long as the aftermarket product isn't a direct reason for a malfunction or something of that sort.

You'll have to ask your local infiniti dealership. I'm sure intake will be ok. Not sure about headers...they shouldn't be aproblem.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Didn't nissan, In a big "Screw you!" To BMW go out and prove that 50.50 weight distribution isn't actually ideal and 52/48 front/rear is better?

I'm sure I remember that from somewhere.......

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
i say just go for the mods and if something goes wrong with the then replace back to stock and then bring it in to the dealer when you go for maintenance they will mark everything you modify in the comp but if you have a problem and come back with it stock you can say u only put that other part in for one day to see what it did yo know what i mean

just some bull for them

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
xenobait said:
Didn't nissan, In a big "Screw you!" To BMW go out and prove that 50.50 weight distribution isn't actually ideal and 52/48 front/rear is better?

I'm sure I remember that from somewhere.......
Something like that. They dissed MR cars such as the Honda NSX and Toyota MR2 with their 50/50. The reason given was "in a rear-wheel drive vehicle, our engineers have proven that a slight 52/48 F/R weight balance...blah blah blah...is better for a rear-wheel drive vehicle." That's why Nissan's new FM *front-midship, I think* is used in everything now: the G35 and the 350ZX come first to mind.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts