Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. Would taking your car to get detailed really give its new car feel on the inside? i mean i want my car look like brand new again and i am feeling that the people that wash it are just not cutting it? Am i to demanding?

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
no its not just you man, see the thing is detailed is the way to go because they pay alot more attention to details but the main thig is to find a place or person that will bust their ass for you so u develop a relationship with that place and become a steady there then they will take good care of you and p.s. gotta be a good tipper and i think you will see a big diff fom when you just go to a wash place wash and vaccum so sad

casual

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
theRENEGADEkemist said:
i am feeling that the people that wash it are just not cutting it? Am i to demanding?
Well, I think it would be worth it to get the car detailed. I got my car used and the guy who sold it to me had it detailed the day before we meet. Man, if not for the 90k miles on it already, I'd have sworn that it was rarely driven.
If you feel your not satisfied with the service you're getting, you have every right as a consumer to find a place that will cater to your needs.
(Hey, it's your hard-earned money. Why not demand the best that your can afford? )
;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
i think to do it right you got to do it yourself, but thats just me.
and there is no way you can ever be too demanding about your ride!

·
Registered
470 Posts
In order to do it right...you get it detailed by a professional.

There's a place next to my house that does all my friends' cars as well as mine.

I do it once a year...usually after the winter.

its 175....

basically when I get my car back....its in show room conditin. Like if you went to infiniti and wanted to buy a used g20 in the show room...that's what it looks like.

But some places aren't as good so shop around and ask people.

·
Registered
354 Posts
damn chekmi21 you pay 175 bucks to detail your car...wow!!!!when i decide it's time for my car to get detailed i do it myself. You buy:
ArmorAll for dashboards (4bucks)
meguire leather softner (5bucks)
F1 Car soap (4bucks)
i have a vacume already for cars
and put 2hours of good work and your car is just as nice as the day you bought it.

you live close...i'll do urs for 30bucks if u want = )
pz

·
Registered
118 Posts
I honestly feel no on will put the effort I would put into detailing my car. But my friend got his detailed...and man...it looked almost like it was new. Especially since he car was dirty. Costs anywhere from 100-200. Depending on who and where you live.

I guess it's worth it. I get more satifaction if i do it.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
i do it myself, it takes me a whole afternoon from 12pm to 6pm but its worth it, it looks like a mirror when im done, and then i call the girls up and take the G for a ride down South Beach...

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Speaking of mirrors, has anyone tried the Maguire's wax that's supposed to be really reflective? As soon as spring comes around I'm going to hand-wash, wax, and clean the interior and I think it'd be pretty cool to have a mirror-like finish....

·
Registered
20,838 Posts
mattb said:
Speaking of mirrors, has anyone tried the Maguire's wax that's supposed to be really reflective?
I use Meguiars stuff. Not sure what exactly you are refering to since they make so many different products. I just use the regular #7 & #26.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I use Meguiars Gold Class,,,I think thats what you are reffering to, and it does one hell of a job on my black P11. You can see your reflection in the paint easily

·
Registered
677 Posts
if you can afford it try zanios bros. car care products, they are by far the best ive used, but expensive as hell. thier wax will make the paint of your car so reflective it is hard to tell what color the car is unless you go right up to it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have used it with a buffer and by hand...Great results with both. The best thing you need to get with the wax is the Meguiars Detailing Microfibre cloth. Wipe down with the cloth once you are done waxing and the car "blings". Its about $5.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
zenfish said:
if you can afford it try zanios bros. car care products, they are by far the best ive used, but expensive as hell. thier wax will make the paint of your car so reflective it is hard to tell what color the car is unless you go right up to it.
Where do you get this stuff?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Domiken said:
i do it myself, it takes me a whole afternoon from 12pm to 6pm but its worth it, it looks like a mirror when im done, and then i call the girls up and take the G for a ride down South Beach...

What stuff do you use? I saw some of your pics and your ride is NICE!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
from what the ad said it looks very basic, i dont think its worth $130, there is a place where i live that do a very complete detail job including the engine bay, for around $100

1 - 20 of 23 Posts