Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to put this out there.. dont know if they all ready have, and if they have I hope mine is better :teeth:. put in a lot of pictures for the dumb people out there just like me that need pictures for help..

First of all here are the pics of the JDM Duals when I got them.
Drivers side

As some of you may know the drivers side corner tab came broken. :( but ill show how I fixed it :teeth:

on top of that there were a couple of pieces that broke off from the back of the driver side headlight. :( but i will show how i fixed it.. maybe it will help someone else in the future.

pieces that broke off

whole inside the housing.

passenger side headlight was the only one without an issue.

Now before you start, you must remove the metal silver clips that hold the glass headlight to the plastic housing. there should be a total of 6 clips per headlight

Second thing you need to do if you want to paint the insides of the JDM duals black you will need to place both or one headlight inside the oven for 15 min. at 300 degrees.

now before putting them inside the oven, you will need to take off all the plugs/light bulbs and disconnect the corners from the headlights.

After 15 min inside the oven take one of the headlights out and you should be able to gently separate the glass headlight from the plastic housing.. I used a Flat head just for a little assistance but if you feel as if its still hard put it back into the oven for another 5 min.. do not rush if not you will brake something.

now to take the silver plastic off the headlights. you will need a screw driver to take off to screws from the bottom of the headlights.
1st screw should be in the middle of the housing.

2nd screw should be at the right or left bottom corner of the housing depending on the housing that you are working on..

once you take off the 2 screws you will need a flat head so you can unclip the silver plastic from the housing. there should be 3 clips in total per housing.

once you unclip all of them the silver plastic should come off with out forcing it.

I used a Low Gloss Black paint that i bought in auto zone

gave it 2 coats waited about 10 min per coat.

while i was waiting on the paint to dry i started working on sealing the whole that the drivers side housing had.. Fortunately while i was messing with one of the pieces it plugged into the whole like a puzzle:eh: flush.. now on accident i didnt take a before picture of what it looked like and i did not want to take any chances of me taking it off and trying to magicaly make it fit again so i only have an after picture.
this is with the first piece in.
these are the 2 pieces that broke from the back of the housing.

this is after i placed in the biggest piece
doesnt even lookk like it broke off..

2 piece i placed in and it also locked into the housing like a puzzle... guess this was my lucky day.. so i ended up glueing the sht out of it.. and i ended spraying it black with some of the paint i bought.

back of the housing

so once you let the silver/black plastic dry up you can go ahead and connect the black plastic back on the housing. make sure you clip them on first and afterwards put on the screws.. once you have done that you will be able to put the glass back on the housing.

this is how they came out..

Now for the broken corner tab i pretty much just glued the sht out of it and the tab stayed..

im waiting on the rest of the pics to load so i could post up the rest.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installing the JDM Duals.
Before I get started I want to let everyone know that I have never messed with wiring so dont be afraid.. the thing that will take you the longest to do is take out the headlights.. to wire everything up took me about 10 min per side. now to take off the headlights took me about 30 min..
First of all you will not need to disconnect your battery(I didnt). Second do not leave your keys inside the ignition while you are wiring up the headlights.
what i did first was that I cut the H4 plug the one that goes from the car to the headlights.
when I ordered my headlights they came with the H1 plug. as you can see the wires are not that long but it was enough to make it work.

what I did is that i match up the black (ground) from the H1 plug the black wire (ground) from the harness that i cut.. once i did that i matched up the other ones and turned on the headlights to see if they were connected to the correct wires, since there are 3 wires in total and i have told you that the black goes with the black there will only be 2 different ways in connecting the wires.. so you pretty much have to guess... dont worry nothing is going to happen cause it took be 2 trys to get it correct..

once you have figured out the correct patterns of the wires. you can start taking off the headlights. there will be 3 screws holding the headlight. you can use a 10" socket to take them off.
the first 2 screws are pretty visible.

the 3 screw is a pita to take off.. i was trying to find a way to take pics of it.
this is a guide to were you can see the third screw.

you will need a 10" deep socket to be able to take that one off.
once you take off all 3 screws. all you have to do is get a flat head and put it behind the headlights and apply a little pressure so the could pop out you will need to apply pressure from 2 side.
1st side

2nd side

once you pop them off the should slide right out.

now to connect the corners and parking light you will not need to cut any wires. the parking light plugs match with the jdm parking lights, now the corner lights do not plug into the jdm ones.. as you can see in the pic.

now i saw this in another thread so it helped me out alot. what you will need to do is take of the complete socket & bulb from the jdm housing once you have it off you will be able to take off this black plastic piece(dont know whats it called) with a flat head. like this.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once you finish taking off the black plastic piece from the JDM corners you will have to do the same to the USDM Corners samething. now the for the USDM the plastic piece is not black but a bage color as in the picture.

once you take it off the bage plastic piece should slide right into the jdm corner bulb socket allowing you not to have to cut any wires..

this is a link that might explain this prosses better.. http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65781&page=15

once you have done this you are pretty much done.. plug everything in and give it a try

you will just have to do the same for the other headlight and your done...

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
No pic with the lights sitting correctly ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice write up, i wish that i would have known about the corner, i just shaved the little lip that was on the male side of the plug to make mine work. I think that instead of painting the insides of duals black, im going to color match them to my car

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, man. awesome! this is gonna be my next project. can u tell me where did u get those duals from? and how much?
I got the lights for $161 shipped but since the tabs and back housing were damaged the seller refunded me $25. So in total $136... but good luck trying to get them at that price.

I think that instead of painting the insides of duals black, im going to color match them to my car
Very interested in seeing how they come out.. could you post up pics when your done?? What color is your car??

·
Registered
957 Posts
^

no he didn't. Mike's are jdm xenon hid duals, they're black naturally and he retrofitted them with projectors.

I think you might be thinking of sarcazm; but he doesn't have duals...he has regular p11 headlights which he sported red (instead of black), with color matched eyelids.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts

·
JDMike!!!
5,663 Posts
^

no he didn't. Mike's are jdm xenon hid duals, they're black naturally and he retrofitted them with projectors.

I think you might be thinking of sarcazm; but he doesn't have duals...he has regular p11 headlights which he sported red (instead of black), with color matched eyelids.
thanks austin for letting him know. lol...

Rob...looks like my instructions was helpful to u. looks really good..better than those foggy USDM headlights.

·
brave little...
2,648 Posts
couple of questions:

1. do you plan on painting the corners? i think it would top off the look. also try looking into clearing the corners amber: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88708

2. how gooey and sticky was the seal between the headlight base and the glass housing? it seems very messy to work with, i took out my taillights a while back and they were sticky but not as bad as these headlights i dont think.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
couple of questions:

1. do you plan on painting the corners? i think it would top off the look. also try looking into clearing the corners amber: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88708

2. how gooey and sticky was the seal between the headlight base and the glass housing? it seems very messy to work with, i took out my taillights a while back and they were sticky but not as bad as these headlights i dont think.
Im going to try to take off the yellow corner amber reflector thing today. i was thinking of putting the black tint on the corners, but now that you say that i can paint them i shall try that..;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts