Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm looking at doing the HID duals. Is there a major difference in the install given the balasts? And has anyone done a HID install write up?

·
Registered
44 Posts
i used a h1<-h4 harness so it would be a clean clip on/off to switch between headlights if necessary. I think it's cleaner that way :p but nice write-up. Very detailed.

Rob, I was curious why you didn't go that route as well? Also, I thnk you could have just gone to Radio Shack, Lowes or some electronics store and pick up some connectors, extend the wires from the headlights and use the male connectors on there. That way you wouldn't have to cut into your factory wiring. I'm guessing if I decide to do HIDs, it would be a little more involved. I think I have one ballast/bulb somewhere in my garage that came off a kit from 2001 or something.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Rob, I was curious why you didn't go that route as well? Also, I thnk you could have just gone to Radio Shack, Lowes or some electronics store and pick up some connectors, extend the wires from the headlights and use the male connectors on there. That way you wouldn't have to cut into your factory wiring. I'm guessing if I decide to do HIDs, it would be a little more involved. I think I have one ballast/bulb somewhere in my garage that came off a kit from 2001 or something.
i know that would have been the easiest route, but i really dont have much patience, so i first looked around my area to see if there were any places were i could get the connectors from localy other than ordering them and i couldnt.. pretty much searched for a couple of hours and gave up..:teeth:.. i look at it this way.. what would happen if you leave a huge cake (jdm duals) with a kid (me) alone in a room with no forks and plates(connectors).. 1. how long do you think that kid can hold out with out eating that cake?? 2. do you actually think he cares about not using forks and plates when he could use whats around him?? his hads.. i was that little boy and the jdm duals was my cake :smile:.. i got the duals on thursday at around 6pm..(mind you i work mon-fri... painted them friday... installed sat like at 9am less than 48hrs:smile:..

1 set of jdm duals $141
1 can of low gloss spray paint $7.68
1 pack of terminal connectors $4.88

finishing painting and installing jdm duals in less than 48 hrs.... priceless

for everything else theres mastercard.:naughty:

·
Registered
40 Posts
roblop04, really nice writeup.

I'm really thinking hard about buying a set of these. They make the car look pretty unique. Mind answering some questions? I did some looking around but didn't find what I was looking for.

How is the fitment of the JDM lights compared to the stock ones? Do they fit as snug and neatly? They look good in the pics, but what I'm afraid of is after I install them, they'll either be gaps around the light that were not there with the stock and/or they will be pushed back too far making them not align right with the front of the hood. Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
they will fit perfectly the housing is pretty much the same as the stock usdm ones...
Great! As long as there are no awkward looking gaps then I'll be happy. There doesn't seem to be any in your pics, but if you have some to spare, would you mind posting any close up pics of the headlight on the car?

·
Registered
869 Posts
lights came out mint, nice job man!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts