Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Any updates on this? I'm getting conflicting info...

1. On a P11 will my ABS work?
2. On a P11 do I need to fab a rear mount?
3. Flywheel - ANY S15 flywheel work or must it be JWT?
4. Clutch - any 300z NA clutch work?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
Any updates on this? I'm getting conflicting info...

1. On a P11 will my ABS work?
2. On a P11 do I need to fab a rear mount?
3. Flywheel - ANY S15 flywheel work or must it be JWT?
4. Clutch - any 300z NA clutch work?

Thanks

Chris
the problem with the ABS at this point is the sensor rings are in different spots than the P10/11. I'm going to try some hybrid axle stuff later and see if it works out

for the clutch, the JWT one has to be modified, its .130" too thick. with that flywheel, use only the stock 350z clutch disk and PP ( 03-05) or the JWT one. the other option is a S15 twin disk.

the rear mount only needs one hole to be drilled or ground out a little

·
Registered
129 Posts
Awesome... Thats what I'm looking for!

Ok....

So then ABS is a no go unless switching the ends of the axles with the original ends for a P11 I assume... (hybrid like you are talking)

Flywheel more questions.
So the JWT is the only option? I can't buy a lightened one for a S15 etc?

Clutch - Interesting - I've read 350z, and also 300Z na or turbo... so definelty the 350z?

Thanks a million..
I've got all my 5spd parts, and with the new found info I'm leaning towards the 6spd... but before I go ordering a ton of $$$ in parts I want to know what I'm getting into :)

Thanks again,

Chris

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'm assuming its the same JWT flywheel is the same one we bought for our SR S13. Its drilled so you can use the 350Z clutch which is a really good one. The JWT Z33 pressure plate has a 1250lb clamping force so you can use a standard organic disc and still hold > 450whp.

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
the JWT flywheel for the 20V is its own flywheel. its actually larger than it should be and you have to mod the bellhousing but it works. The flywheel is drilled for 3 pressure plates, S13, 300ZX, 350z. the 350Z is cheap and holds loads of power. you just have to line the PP up with the right set of bolts and dowel pin holes.

the S15 lightened may or may not fit. i'm not 100% sure and there's only one way to find out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
OK...
So...
I have a 2002 Sport.
I have my pedals installed + all hydraulics for the 5spd swap.

Ive just ordered the bellhousing and axle bracket.

Now...

JWT has the flywheel, and I can run a oem non-turb 300zx clutch on it (thats cheap as hell which for my non-modded car will be fine).

Next question - what throw out bearing do I use!?!?!?!?

Will I be the first P11 or is there anyone else out there that can help me out?

Thanks everyone!

Chris

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
i used the stock 350Z clutch, 03-04 and i think its more compact and lighter. you will also have to machine .150" off the face of the flywheel. Use the TOB from the transmission that you get. if anything get a new Spec V TOB, get a drivers side spec V mount and bracket as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do I need that in a P11??? I thought all the mounts/brackets were the same.

Didn't realize I'd have to machine the flywheel - do I have to with any clutch setup or just if I don't use the 350z clutch?

Thanks man.

Chris

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Do I need that in a P11??? I thought all the mounts/brackets were the same.

Didn't realize I'd have to machine the flywheel - do I have to with any clutch setup or just if I don't use the 350z clutch?

Thanks man.

Chris
any more info on this, and have you started the install?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've got all my parts here/on the way.

Tranny is torn apart and just got the pins/bolts/seals etc to put it back together.

I'm working on a way to get past the pricey flywheel/clutch combo, if I get it working I'll post details.

Chris

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
I've got all my parts here/on the way.

Tranny is torn apart and just got the pins/bolts/seals etc to put it back together.

I'm working on a way to get past the pricey flywheel/clutch combo, if I get it working I'll post details.

Chris
There are a few other options for the flywheel and clutch setup but the only 100% straight bolt in that I know of is a S15 twin disk setup. everything else will require some sort of custom part.

·
Registered
129 Posts
More info...

The P12 clutch slave cylinder is the exact same part #, and fits perfect, as the GTiR clutch slave cylinder. This opens up a lot of easier places to get that part as it seems to take forever from Japan...

I've sourced them new for 100ish shipped, used for 50shipped from the UK...
May also be able to get them from the engine importers here as they typically trash the trannies anyways.

I got mine yesterday and verified fitment.

Chris

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
More info...

The P12 clutch slave cylinder is the exact same part #, and fits perfect, as the GTiR clutch slave cylinder. This opens up a lot of easier places to get that part as it seems to take forever from Japan...

I've sourced them new for 100ish shipped, used for 50shipped from the UK...
May also be able to get them from the engine importers here as they typically trash the trannies anyways.

I got mine yesterday and verified fitment.

Chris
good looking out!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I started a write up and it got WAY off topic, will do the write up when I'm done...

At this point the auto tranny is off my car, the JWT flywheel and the 350z clutch is bolted up. I'm waiting on a buddy to help me lift the tranny on and then the fun begins!

C

·
Custom title !!!!!yay
2,458 Posts
updates??, im interested if this will get my p11 to 65mph in 2nd, the low rev limiter sucks in RR so this might help the acceleration , or would it affect it the other way?

101 - 120 of 120 Posts