Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my dilemma, I was working on the dragon this past thursday and said "TO HELL WITH IT", I wanna relocate my HVAC unit to the very bottom of the control panel. So far I've unhooked all the electrical hookups to it from the back except that damn stupid blue cable which I think controls the sliding temperature control thingy. How in the bloody blue blazes do you unhook that thing? Anyone? Oh, and another thing, that bottom part of the dash which the HVAC originally sits in, can it be removed and how? Or is it part of the whole dash?

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
You'll have to find an alternate mounting method for the HVAC control, because it doesn't use the standard DIN mounting that the stereo and cubbyhole do.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll have to find an alternate mounting method for the HVAC control, because it doesn't use the standard DIN mounting that the stereo and cubbyhole do.
I figure I'll have to modify it a bit to make it use the standard DIN, so I'm not worried about that part, but it CAN be done right?
the bottom part of the dash is removable max.
Speak some knowledge sir, how do you take it out? I need to do some modification to it, but not before swapping my current crappy brown one for a black one.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
I figure I'll have to modify it a bit to make it use the standard DIN, so I'm not worried about that part, but it CAN be done right?
It might involve zipties and Bondo... ;)

Seriously, it's not really going to work very well. I might do it eventually so that I can put in a double-DIN headunit, but I'd hack up the dash and put the mounting points from the middle into the bottom slot.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It might involve zipties and Bondo... ;)

Seriously, it's not really going to work very well. I might do it eventually so that I can put in a double-DIN headunit, but I'd hack up the dash and put the mounting points from the middle into the bottom slot.
Thats exactly what I was thinking, but I need to get a spare bottom dash as back up in case I mess up badly:smile:, so one last time....HOW do you disassemble the bottom part, anyone?

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
From the picture, it looks like you have to take off the glovebox assembly and the kick panel under the steering wheel, and then undo a couple of screws to get the center console out.

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
yea it looks like what fulonhowto is saying
#3 & #6
have to be off, revealing a screw on either side

I dunno, i dont own a p10..

·
Registered
246 Posts
Bump, I need some feedback on this tonight so I can fix this first thing tomorrow morning please.
didn't see a reply on the blue cable- there is a small metal clip that holds the cable in place, all you do is pull it off with pliers. be sure not to lose it, the cable won't stay in place without it when you reinstall. it's located near the end of the cable insulation where the cable is anchored in the housing. hope this is clear enough, sorry i didn't take pictures when i had mine in pieces trying to put new lights in it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
WHOAH!! must have hit the magic number...i'm not a noob anymore!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
didn't see a reply on the blue cable- there is a small metal clip that holds the cable in place, all you do is pull it off with pliers. be sure not to lose it, the cable won't stay in place without it when you reinstall. it's located near the end of the cable insulation where the cable is anchored in the housing. hope this is clear enough, sorry i didn't take pictures when i had mine in pieces trying to put new lights in it.
So you mean to tell me that I can pull off the blue cable from the long little needle-like piece of metal with some pliers and thats it? Cool, will try it tomorrow, thanx sir.

PS: Congrats on no longer being a newb:smile:

·
Registered
246 Posts
So you mean to tell me that I can pull off the blue cable from the long little needle-like piece of metal with some pliers and thats it? Cool, will try it tomorrow, thanx sir.

PS: Congrats on no longer being a newb:smile:
i've removed and reinstalled the clip once, with no apparent problems, but then the rest of my system doesn't work either.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Max- just to be sure you don't tear up your cable, what you want to pull off is a small wire clip that holds the cable in the plastic housing. i have a really crappy drawing of what the arrangement looks like, but i need some help in getting it to paste into a message. do you know how to paste a bitmap image into a post?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Max- just to be sure you don't tear up your cable, what you want to pull off is a small wire clip that holds the cable in the plastic housing. i have a really crappy drawing of what the arrangement looks like, but i need some help in getting it to paste into a message. do you know how to paste a bitmap image into a post?
Set up a free account here: Photobucket
Then upload your pix, and then copy the "IMG" link and paste in the this post. Voila! You're a pixposter!:smile:

·
Registered
246 Posts
giving it a shot- about to be late for somethinghttp://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo106/aug20bb/heatcontrol.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts