Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
when i got my headers changed by a mechanic, they somehow blew the 75A fuse. Same concept of replacement minus the removing of the entire unit and screws.

·
De La Code
6,945 Posts
when i got my headers changed by a mechanic, they somehow blew the 75A fuse. Same concept of replacement minus the removing of the entire unit and screws.
Probably grounded out on the alternator, and not removing the battery cable before installing. Yeah I believe p10's have a 75A battery fuse, and p11's 100A.

·
Registered
101 Posts
how can you tell if you need to replace your 100A fuse? what's the benefits of doing this? sorry, if its a stupid question but I just wanna learn :)
Mine blew after I swapped in headers.

My car ('99) would not start and the alarm would go off every time I tried to get it going. It would horn loudly when I tried to open any of the doors or turn the key on the lock (basically try to unlock the car). It would also go off when I tried to unlock the car via the remote.

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
shit!!!! i guess i will have it fixed in a jiff though...

·
Registered
1 Posts
hehe when I first tried it I was yanking on the fuse cuz I thought it was like any other fuse...I bet I looked pretty stupid doing that...hehe...eventually I took apart to discover what you just posted.
Yep same problem, rebuilt my alternator and sometimes it charges and other times I have to get a jump, brake light and bat light comes on and off, I've checked for loose ground to no avail and have checked all fuses except for the 100a one, but car cranks and runs.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts