Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 135k miles, it is deperately needed. When I put the car in reverse, the whole car shakes and the engine rumbles, and I hear some bad squealing. It only does this in reverse, and not while in drive. Granted it's a bit rough at idle in drive with my foot on the brake, but nothing like when it's in reverse.

So, I need a new OEM front mount (don't want any poly ones), and I'm hoping someone can walk me through the install process.

Thanks,

- Anthony

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...=1999&graphicID=3816185&callout=6&catalogid=2
its really simple...just unbolt the crossmember, unbolt the front and back mounts connected to the engine and drop it down. Then just unbolt the the front mount from the crossmember...probably have to use an impact gun with a friend standing on the crossmember and then just replace and bolt everything back up. I hope this is the part you are talking about.

·
Registered
462 Posts
the only pain is re-aligning the engine to the right place! good luck! you might save a lot of time and take to a shop with your own part and pay $50 for a one hour labor.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, I have to drop the crossmember.... that could suck with hand tools. Similar to the way my Corrado's front motor mount is. You have to drop the crossmember to get the top portion of the mount out.

$60 isn't that bad.... Do I need to change the rear one also?

The car is an automatic, not a manual. Not sure if the mounts are different...

- Anthony

·
Registered
392 Posts
i need to replace one of those soon, but how do u align the engine? is it really necessary? and wut if i dont?

Sorry for all the dumb questions but im a noob who hasnt even finished high school yet but eager to learn.

·
Registered
462 Posts
what I meant was when you take the old one out, since it is worn out it is slightly different place than a brand new one. You need to move the engine to be able to fit the part in. At least that was the problem I had. It was such a pain to get it in a right place. You got make sure to support the engine up at a right place with a jack that can be up and down easily. You need a 4*6*1 wood to place between the jack and engine. Also if you put it in the wrong place you can damage much more than one hour of labor a mechanic would charge for this. Be real careful and ask a friend who done something like this before to help you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts