Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and I found nothing.

I can't figure out how to replace the parking lamps (size 194) in the front of the car. I have a p10 1991. I tried yanking on the plug that goes to the headlight but no success. =(

Thanks!!

·
♥
3,947 Posts
this may be the blind leading the blind but... it doesnt turn counter clockwise, and pull out?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
p11 definitely turns, i know, on my mine it was SO TIGHT and i thought for sure i was doing something wrong. I ended up removing the 2 top bolts and sliding the headlight forward until i was able to get some pliers in there to turn it.

Just don't crush the plastic, i used pliers with a towel to protect it. Once you get it out the first time, it's easy from there...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hm, before I go ahead and destroy the socket with my pliers, can someone with a p10 chime in and confirm that the proccess for removing the parking lamps on the p11 (socket counterclockwise turning) is same as on the p10?

Thanks for the input guys!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Ya all you have to do is put pressure on it then turn counterclockwise until it pops loose then just pull it out. Theres a rubber seal in there so if its stuck the best way to break it loose is to put constant pressure on it. And pliers are a BAD idea!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
looked at my manual, I have a 93 p10... it says for front clearance light turn counter clockwise to loosen... so guess they're right

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
Yep this is correct. My suggestion, replace them in sets. Old bulbs burn dimmer than new ones and it will look funny.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shit, I'll prolly have to use pliers... I'll try it when I get home. Do you turn counterclockwise facing away from the car, or facing towards the car?

I'm actually replacing the stock yellowish ones with dual-LED Eurolite Blue ones... So it should look cool... hopefully...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Counterclockwise facing away from the car. Just push it into the housing before you start to turn it, it makes it much easier. You should be able to get it out without pliers.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys were right!! I just pushed in then turned and they came out no problem!! Thanks to everyone who replied so fast!

I love you all!

P.S.: The blue lights look amazing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts