Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the lights behind my HVAC controls are bad. I would like to take it out and replace the light bulbs behind those 5 figure heads. I assume it is like removing a radio since I have to remove that big black surround. Can someosne tell me how to do that?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
The lights might not be bad, you might just have to wiggle them a little bit and they'll turn back on (worked for me :p) It's sorta a pain to take apart, not as easy as the radio, but it's possible to do. This is for a P10, not exactly sure how on the p11.
  • unscrew the 4 bolts holding on the front cover
  • remove the front cover making sure to unplug the defroster/hazard/fog (if you have them) switches and then pull out (along with the two air vents)
  • undo the screws for the hvac controls and tilt the control panel at an angle until it'll clear its holder and pull it out (it'll only go out a very little bit)
  • you'll have to undo a plastic cover and the cable underneath (i think that was it) in order to get the hvac controls far enough out to reach the back of them
  • once out you should see the covers for the bulbs, just undo these and the bulbs will come out and you can either try reseating them or replacing them
  • do everything in reverse order to put everything back together
hopefully this list is complete, it's been a while since i pulled this apart, but i don't remember it being that difficult, only a pain since the hvac controls don't easily come free from the harness so your working in a pretty tight place right up against the dash. Hope this helps.

Edit: found the FSM procedure.
The FSM lists this unit as Push Control System

removal and installation
  1. Remove cluster lid C (the front panel holding the defroster button, etc..)
  2. Remove driver's side lower panel
  3. remove glove box
  4. remove the 8 bracket screws (illustration shows this "bracket" to be the whole lower dash portion holding the ash tray/lighter all the way up to the hvac controls)
  5. disconnect temperature control cable at heater unit side
  6. disconnect push control unit harness
  7. remove bracket with push control unit
  8. installation is in the reverse order of removal
    [/list=1]

disassembly
    1. remove temperature control knob and fan control dial (note in FSM: wrap the temp control knob and the fan control dial with a peice of cloth and pull them forward in the direction indicated (which is straight out) in the figure. Be careful not to scratch knobs during removal)
    2. remove the fan switch
    3. remove control base and control amp. cover (on back of unit)
    4. remove control knobs (recirc, dash, feet, dash and feet, etc...)
    5. remove illumination bults (from behind)
    6. remove control amp
      (with a note: Be careful not to damage substrate when removing)
    7. remove illumination plate
    8. remove finisher plate
    9. disconnect temperature control cable
    10. assembly is in reverse order of disassembly
      [/list=1]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. Btw there are suppose to be lights on a P10's HVAC control behind the 5 figure heads. I am not talking about the green lights under, ia m talking about those little figure heads behind it.

Also where are the 4 bolts for the front cover. I only remember seeing 2

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
tmak26b said:
thanks for the info. Btw there are suppose to be lights on a P10's HVAC control behind the 5 figure heads. I am not talking about the green lights under, ia m talking about those little figure heads behind it.

Also where are the 4 bolts for the front cover. I only remember seeing 2

thanks
the front cover/cluster lid has 2 screws above the radio and 2 above the cubby hole area.

tmak26b said:
How many light bulbs are behind it, also what kind is it?
There are 3 bulbs, I think they are a special bulb you'll need to go to a Nissan/Infiniti dealer to purchase. Although someone who has had to replace these bulbs may be able to chime in with a definite answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts