Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
quick question...
my a/c compressor has been removed what belts do I need to get the change mine?
Any thoughts?

best bet would to get a shoe string & wrap it around the pulleys that are there, & then mark were it would sit/be snug & then take it off & measure it & take it to a parts store & tell them you need a belt "X width & X lentght"

that would probally be the easiest, unless somone knows off hand

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Most, if not all parts houses have a listing for the belt w/ no AC. Just call and ask, and they'll get you the right one.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Is there a PIVOT BOLT for removing the power steering belt?? If so, WHERE?

UPDATE: The pivot bolt is under the ps pump and runs through the bracket that the pump is connected to. The head of the bolt is on the inside of the bracket, and the tip of the bolt points outward, towards the passenger-side quarter panel. Find the round, green cylindrical part of the axle, and look directly above it. You will see the ps pump bracket. The pivot bolt is at the base of the bracket.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Just adding to this thread, I just changed mine and thought I'd give my 2 cents:

Use a 1/4" 12 pt socket, 12mm, to get to the tensioner lock bolt and tensioner bolt for the PS pump.

After loosening the power steering pump tensioner, you have no room to tap the tensioner bolt which gives it slack and allows you to pull the belt off. The best thing to do is get under the car and loosen the PS pump pivot bolt. It's 14mm and is opposite of the weldnut that you will see at the bottom of the PS pump. You can then move the pump by hand to get the new belt on (or old belt off).
What does "OPPOSITE THE WELD NUT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PS PUMP" mean? Are you saying the pivot bolt is at the bottom of the pump?

·
Registered
490 Posts
My alternator doesn't want to slide at all. I loosened both bolts. I tightened the adjusting bolt to slide it up, and then it slides back down to where it was stuck before and sits there. Anyone have any ideas?
After loosening the 17mm nut that the pivot bolt runs through, I banged the top of the alternator downward, so as cause the alternator to rotate downward toward the ac compressor. I used a piece of 2 x 4.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts