Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you going turbo and need to change your injectors, this write up should be of some help.

First you want to release the fuel pressure. Turn the car on, and pop the fuse box cover underneath the dash. Pull put the 15A fuse that controls the fuel pump, and the car will still in about 10-15seconds. Once it stalls, reinstall the fuse back in its original place.

Begin to loosen the bolts that hold both of the cables on the accelerator bracket. Once the bolts are loose, move the cables out of the bracket.

Once that's done, start removing the three bolts holding the bracket in place. I had to throw a pipe over my socket wrench to get more leverage.

Bracket is removed

Remove the two bolts on the bracket holding the evap solenoid

Once that's done, remove the two rubber hoses connected to the evap solenoid, and undo the plug that goes to the solenoid (blue). This will allow you to remove the bracket and put it aside.

This is one of the rubber hoses connected to the solenoid. I recommend that you take it off and put it back on the solenoid. It'll give you more room to work with later on, and you won't lose it.

Pull out the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose from the intake manifold.

You should now have enough room to remove the plugs off each injector. Once the plugs are off, shove the harness out of the way.

Go head and pull the PCV out of the valve cover (just pull on it and it'll come out).

Locate the fuel pressure regulator. If you can get the hose off the back of the FPR, it will save you time from having to remove it all together. But if you can't get the hose off, you'll have to unscrew it and pull on the FPR to get it out of the fuel rail. I just went ahead and yanked it out. You will probably have some fuel spillage..this is okay. (I have a nismo fpr installed).

Now locate the two fuel lines below the throttle body, and pull the hoses off. They maybe hard to get off, but remember, it's A LOT easier to put on some gloves and turn and pull at the same time.

NOW FROM HERE IT GETS KIND OF FISHY. There are two bolts holding down the fuel rail, as seen below:

If you can get a socket on them and loosen them, you will save yourself about another 3 hours worth of work. To make a long story short, the bolts I put in to hold the fuel rail in place during my first turbo install were too short (aftermarket injectors are taller than stock injectors, so you ned longer bolts...I should have bought longer ones) , and the bolts were hitting the fuel rail, so I couldn't get a socket in there.

So what I had to do is move the intake manifold back about an inch in order to get a socket in there to loosen the bolts. All the bolts were 12mm, and I had to reach some from the bottom of the car. Some of them are tricky, but it took me about an hour and a half to have all the bolts off and move
the manifold back. Anyway, if you have any more questions, just ask me.

Here are the pics after I moved the manifold back. Oh ya, don't forget this bracket. It took me about 10 minutes to figure out that this bracket was holding the intake to the engine head.

Once it was moved back, it didn't take long to undo the two bolts and yank the fuel rail out.

Arrows show the injector location.

Fuel rail with 400cc injectors. 580cc injectors below that.

To remove the injectors from the fuel rail, pull out the aluminum clip holding the injector in. After that, just yank the injector out. Make sure the top and the bottom O-rings remain on the injector and not in the fuel rail or the engine head.

Pesky rubber o-rings remained in the fuel rail. Take them out with a screwdriver.

Put a little motor oil on all the rubber o-rings before you install the new injectors. Don't forget the aluminum clips.

New injectors installed in fuel rail.

Then just reinstall everything in reverse order.

Remember, if you are installing aftermarket injectors to replace your stock ones, you will need aftermarket injector clips. I didn't have to bother with that here, because I replaced aftermarket MSD injectors with aftermarket Seimens injectors.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Excellent write-up. So now you are running with the bigger injectors. Notice anything ? What fuel pressure are you running btw ?
Another thing: I have the Nismo afpr as well but for some reason it sits closer to the VC than in your car. The same situation with the G's of Slimlou and Loco. How come in your case it sits further away ? Is there a difference in the fuel rail ?

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ya the bigger injectors are in. I haven't put everything back together yet. Once I do, i have to install emanage and start the tedious task of tuning.

I also have a nismo afpr. The reason that mine sits further back is because the fuel rail itself sits higher since aftermarket injectors tend to be longer than the stock injectors. So since the fuel rail sits higher, its further away from the valve cover.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
OK, gotcha. Well, keep us posted. I especially like thread since this is a turboed-RR-motor. So much to see, so much to earn. In time it will be my turn....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts