Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All parts are in... Tranny is back together...

Pics of the tranny below. Will be doing a detailed writeup as time allows...

Going in a 02 Sport thats currently Auto.... Pedals already in and there is already an excellent write up on that..... Anyways.... I'll update this more tomorrow!

Parts List:

Hard To source:
P12 Bellhousing
P12 Axle Bracket
P12 slave cylinder (same as GTiR manual tranny slave cylinder)

Easy:
02-0?? SPECV Tranny
SpecV Axles
SpecV Shift assbly
Specv Shift Cables
SpecV Throw out bearing
350z Clutch/pressure plate
JWT Flywheel (S15 or SR 6speed flywheel)

Things to modify:
1. For P11 drill/tap CPS hole in P12 bellhousing
2. For P11 to get ABS to work mod SpecV axle

I expect things to be a bit easier for me - car is already automatic, so there is a hole for the auto shift cables I can use for the 6spd shift cables.

Shows the hole for the S15 flywheel to fit cut out (a little toooo big but will work)

Just the gears in the P12 20V housing...

For a P11 you have to drill and tap holes for the CPS sensor on the P12 housing...
1/2" hole for the sensor itself, I did a 1/4 20 tap/die and a cap screw to hold it..

·
Registered
12,425 Posts
the only fun part about the 6 spd swap is the drivers side mount setup. going to be interesting how the P11 mount setup works out.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
I have exactly the same one !!!

(I refer to that black/yellow screwdriver...):naughty:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Can you fix that thread and take out all the dead space! Scrolling half a page for one post is ridiculous.

Now, on the Driver Side Mount, it is more of an issue on the P10 than the P11.

Brent

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Can you fix that thread and take out all the dead space! Scrolling half a page for one post is ridiculous.
Brent
:eh: No....:flame:

·
Registered
844 Posts
yea man can't wait for the write up.. Hopefully my buddy gets rid of his Sleeper 240 so i can grab his DET. would this write up be applicable for the DET aS well

·
Registered
207 Posts
Dealers. Only parts needed are the bellhousing and axle bracket, both are hard to source, but they are out there.

Brent

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am by no means the person that came up with this, just the first to actually do it in a P11 to my knowledge. Many thanks to Snickers, P10DET and Justin at everythingG20... he hooked me up with the P12 parts + I drove him nuts with all the other 6spd change over parts since I'm auto :)

The trickiest thing to track down was the slave cylinder, no one has them. I found where to buy them in Japan but $$$ and time was an issue, so then found the part# was the same as the GTiR 5spd (Coach also guessed it before I verified) and lo-and behold its the same exact part down to the part #. This will open your options up to used, new, japan and the UK + several other countries for sourcing the parts.... I got mine used from the UK from a GTiR parts specialty place....

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
the mount will most likely be the same on p10 and p11. also all the obd11 cars need to drill nd tap bell houseing if they want to use the crank sensor.
if you intend to use a 350Z clutch with jwt fly wheel you will need to grind out one spot in the bell houseing and I use 2 of the metal spacers between engine to trans so thst clutch and flywheel can be used

·
Registered
643 Posts
what 6 speed to get? out of what?
This is in the first post...:headshake
Easy:
02-0?? SPECV Tranny
SpecV Axles
SpecV Shift assbly
Specv Shift Cables
SpecV Throw out bearing
350z Clutch/pressure plate
JWT Flywheel (S15 or SR 6speed flywheel)

1 - 20 of 215 Posts