Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
Ive never built a transmission either but I plan on doing this swap soon. How can i learn about the races and the shim and diff preloading? So when i change the bellhousing i wont mess it up?
When you get the bellhousing, it comes with the TOB guide, seals, and a few other bits, BUT NOT the diff bearings or shims... You should remove these from the doaner transmission you get and swap them directly over to the new 20v bellhousing... this should be a direct change over and you should be ok and not need anything else.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats on finally getting it going. You went through hell to do this swap man. I feel bad in a way but all the work paid off. Look at those gears, massive, and will definitely hold up to some serious power.

Im in the process of doing this swap on my soon to be 700whp b13. Im going a bit different route. Im using my Competition Twin Disk setup that ive already got the 24 spline disks switched out but now i need an s15 spec twin disk flywheel which im gonna have made by Competition Clutch. Dan at Comp Clutch has been more than helpful and if i can get this flywheel done and all works great they will be offered for this swap.

Comp Clutch has by far the cheapest Twin Disk clutch setups out there and they are right here in the states unlike several other companies. I used this twin disk on my b13 and it held great so those going for big power should definetly consider this twin disk setup to come.

Again congrats and i have my thread on sr20-forum.com

http://www.sr20-forum.com/members-rides/29127-9-second-b13-sentra-se-r-build-update-8-29-10-fuel-system-wiring-harness.html

I will be updating the progress in there.

When i did the test fitting of the s13 spec twin disk only the first disk engaged onto the input shaft. The flywheel is indeed 1.2" too thin. The clutch setup needs to be moved forward 1.2" and then maybe a custom throwout bearing with smaller diameter sleeve to contact the fingers on the pressure plate down lower. This should be fairly easy to accomplish.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah im on here. Just dont come on here very often. Maybe i should post up a thread for the build here as well. But i would just post the link to sr20-forum.com for now and then any more updates would be posted just like anywhere else. I should hear back from Dan tomorrow. I got Andreas helping me out by sending a P12 flywheel and clutch over to them to do the twin disk flywheel.

He is also in the works for a proper 225mm aftermarket flywheel as well that should be done in 3-4 weeks that will use a ka24 225mm clutch setup for those interested in doing that sort of thing.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Might add to the list:

If going from automatic to 6 speed you will need a 5 speed crank/flywheel sensor since the automatic sensor is about 1" too long.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day ppl doing a 6 speed p12 Gearbox conversion in a p11.. using a p11 sr20vvl black top...with a p12 gear box .wat I did is used the internals of a v.spec.qr25 gear box same 6 speed .into the p12 .with a mazworx axle bracket...s15 fly wheel exert clutch an pressure plate....I have lots of pics an the correct way to do it with pilot bearing sitting properly with gear box main shaft ..check me out ..on..FB..real monstarz garage. .. (+1868-780-1826)..wattsapp..

201 - 215 of 215 Posts