Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is this normal?

I got both axles in today... I cranked the engine using the crank pulley and the had the tranny in gear. When I had the axles out, I turned the crank and looked at the splines inside the tranny and they moved with the engine. This time I did the same thing, but with the axles installed. Now when I turn the crank with the tranny in gear, the axles don't move. If I turn the passenger axle, the drivers side axle doesn't turn. Is this a normal thing for a Helical Slip?

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
A helical LSD will opperate just like a normal open diff when the wheels are not loaded. If one wheel comes off the ground, all the power will go to that wheel and the car will not move.

·
Registered
126 Posts
A helical LSD will opperate just like a normal open diff when the wheels are not loaded. If one wheel comes off the ground, all the power will go to that wheel and the car will not move.
Ok! Thats what I figured.. This is the first helical tranny I have dealt with so I was a little worried by that at first.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just wish someone would build a mount for the 6 speed trans that bolts to the stock mount point on the chassis for the driver side. I hate having to drill and bolt in the specV mount.

Brent

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
I just wish someone would build a mount for the 6 speed trans that bolts to the stock mount point on the chassis for the driver side. I hate having to drill and bolt in the specV mount.

Brent
what does mazworks sell then?

·
Registered
207 Posts
B series and P10, I asked them and they said they didn't have anything for the P11. Do they have something now?

brent

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well, they list the P11 on the website now, what the hell! ANyone tried their driver side mount yet?

Brent

·
Registered
207 Posts
What would be perfect is a bolt on mount for the 6 speed that uses the stock mount bracket on the chassis of the P11. I wasn't sure if that worked or not, the one Mazworx sells. I know they list the P11, but no one that I know has used it or tried it. $300 is a lot of money to just try it and it not work out.

Brent

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
I had a customer in with a qr25 ser auto and he was interested in a tune and manual trans swap and looking at his car the trans mount on his car is the same as p11 and b15. so the swap would indicate the same work as removeing the peace on the frame rail.

i could mostlikely make a direct fit mount for the p1l but the person has to bay me for the swap and i would need funds from people for the R and D to produce parts. it is a feck load of work but if people are willing to pay for my work than direct fit parts can be made. other than that im poor and very buisy and lack time and funds for such parts.
plus i would never develope a product that does not fit the best of standerds. if i make something i want it to be the best

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just an update: I got the tranny linkage installed and is working nicely. I can shift between all the gears without a problem. I got the axles installed now and pretty much everything else.

One snag right now is the clutch hydraulics. So far I have not been able to get any fluid down to the slave cylinder. I'm thinking the "clutch damper" is not letting any fluid by and I can't build any pressure therefore the clutch pedal goes to the floor everytime. I'm in the process of finding a place that will make a longer hydraulic hose that connects directly to the master cylinder. Once that is taken care of, the car will be down and ready to roll!

I will post more pics up when I get time. Probably won't get anything during the week.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I used a maxima line and it is a straight shot from the reservoir to the slave cylinder with no damper in the middle. It works great.

Brent

·
Registered
126 Posts
No. Installing the axle prior would not help this problem. I ended up cutting out roughly a 1/2in off the drivers side subframe. After cutting out the interfering metal and reinforcing it again there is roughly a 1/4in of clearance left. I will take a pic to show the clearance.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Got the car down and moving today. Half through the drive around my neighborhood a cyclical clunk started happening seems to happen only in gear. The noise is coming from the transmission. Also, during this same drive, a leak started on the passenger side axle right at the seal, its a gusher. I put the car up on jacks and put the car in gear and got underneath the car and the noise is coming from the tranny. Right now I'm thinking its the diff/ FD.

When I changed the housing, I just swapped the parts and did not check measurements(doh!) Is this most likely my problem? Here is a video of the problem. Take note of the drivers side wheel, it rotates slower than the passenger side and at times slows to a stop.

161 - 180 of 215 Posts