Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I initially wired everything up so that I was basically tapped into the relay pink wire, on a p11, instead of having it cut like in teh diagram above. I think I burned a fuse but I don't know which one, my parking lights wont go on nor will my fogs any ideas?

BTW +! on That picture pretty much says it all wish I saw it before I screwed up!

Did some research... The culprit turned out to be the tail lamp fuse located in teh engine bay fuse box. Must have burned out when I was running the setup tapped.... Hope this helps someone in the future...

·
⚓All Haters Are Bastards⚓
2,722 Posts
when cutting the pink/blue wire and splicing them to the parking light wire..does this have to be done on both parking light wires? or is it cool to just do it with the parkinglight wire thats nearest to the relays..meaning the front pass headlight.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
so its cool to just splice it with the passanger headlight?

:3
You got it. Just the passenger side parking/driving light. Thats the only one you gotta splice, dont splice the other one or else you'll blow fuses like me and get crazy shit happen like both your lowbeam and hibeam working at once without modification on just one headlight :teeth::zoinks:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ok, I finally did this mod.

On the 95' P10 its the blue/red wire you need to splice from the relay, not the orange and black wire. At first I did the orange and black, put all the relays and trim back, then it didn't work. So I had to take it all apart again. So it took about 1.5 hours after I found the right wire.

I also disabled the DRL's. Not that there is a whole lot of Canadian P10's, but all you do is short pin 3-5 on the DTRL relay. You can solder a wire in there, or simply cut some short wire, and take 3-4 strands and stick it into the socket of the relay. Then you put the relay back and it squishes down in there.

·
Registered
21,001 Posts
Did this today. 93.5 is indeed Red w/Blue. I depinned the relay socket and put a new wire from another p10 in there so the factory harness is still intact, no cut wires. The 94 I took it from was also Red w/Blue.

·
Super Moderator
15,344 Posts
Did this today. 93.5 is indeed Red w/Blue. I depinned the relay socket and put a new wire from another p10 in there so the factory harness is still intact, no cut wires. The 94 I took it from was also Red w/Blue.
Thanks for confirming. I need to do this this weekend, when I replace my borked fog bulb.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
with this mod, when you take the key out does the fogs shut off? If not is there a chime? I mean if I do this basically I would end up leaving the fogs on by accident all the time and killing the battery.

141 - 160 of 187 Posts