Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I am considering installing some fog lamps onto my g20. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a set to go with. The last time I installed a set onto my old suburban I installed a horn relay into the circuit. This way it keeps the switch from burning out from the current draw. I also wired it into my head lamp wires.

·
Super Moderator
15,344 Posts
On the P10 the wiring for fog lamps is already in place. It would be best to visit a junk yard and get some foglamps from a Touring model P10. Grab the fog lights, fog brackets, switch and grab a blue relay from one of the relay boxes.

Then all you have to do is cut the front bumper, mount the brackets and fogs. Connect the wireharness, pop in the relay and plug in the switch.

You can usually buy all the needed items on the forum for a decent price as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
On the P10 the wiring for fog lamps is already in place. It would be best to visit a junk yard and get some foglamps from a Touring model P10. Grab the fog lights, fog brackets, switch and grab a blue relay from one of the relay boxes.

Then all you have to do is cut the front bumper, mount the brackets and fogs. Connect the wireharness, pop in the relay and plug in the switch.

You can usually buy all the needed items on the forum for a decent price as well.
Unfortunately for me, my car is a G20. I am pretty sure they are the same wiring as the P10. I was kind of hoping to install a few acents to make it light up more. I had blue windshield washer jets that were installed by the previous owner. I had to disable the lights, the Police around Utah do not like people having blue or red LED's on your car.

·
Super Moderator
15,344 Posts
91-96 Infinifi G20 is a P10. P10 is the chassis code. You have a P10.

OEM is best, but it's your car so do as you wish, but if the fuzz pulled you over for washer nozzles they will not like anything flashy in the fogs either.

If you don't do this by the next meat I'm going to do it for you...and change your door handles.
^finally my laziness pays off!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
HAHA!

yeah, leave it up to the cops to take all the fun out of things. I went with halogen lights last time, I think I can get away with those again. How ever I have checked the salvage yards around here, and all the models don't have the fog lamps, or were gabbed before I got to it. And the cop that pulled me over said I can't have any red forward facing lights, and absolutly no blue lights. At least nothing that is overtly blue.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I do have duals and have them wired for high and low to be on at the same time.
My fogs haven't worked since I bought the car. I got them working the other day and turned them on, they stayed on with my lowbeam on, and my lowbeam+highbeam.
But not the parking light, I guess thats all this mod is really for.

·
I loVE AR2
2,566 Posts
how do you wire high's to stay on with low's? I know theres a way if you have aftermarket HID kit but I have oem hid's

·
Registered
94 Posts
Managed to do this without cutting the pink/blue wire using an S14 foglight rewire writeup: http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/s14-isolated-fog-light-switch.html
(If you don't have one of those crazy electrician tool things the author mentions use a paperclip)

14-16 AWG (blue) crimp connectors fit perfectly in the relay socket. Pull off the plastic piece first or it won't fit in the socket.
<--squeeze at the very end with pliers, should pull right off
If you carefully stretch 1/4" diameter heat shrink tubing over needlenose pliers, it will fit over the removed spade (which can then just chill in the relay box).
I spliced into the wiring between the parking light bulb and the plug connecting it to the rest of the harness. The wire colors are swapped between the plug and the bulb, so black is power and red/green is ground.

Didn't take any pictures because I'm a loser. Works great though and I got away without having to cut any wires :smile:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
one question for this cause right now my fogs are wired to my parking lights so i cant turn them off i was wondering if using the relay the switch is fully functional still? also if you have a alarm with the parking lights wired in will the fogs turn on with the alarm?

·
Registered
179 Posts
This may be a silly question, but I just did the rewire and now only my driver side fog light turns on. I triple checked my wiring but can't figure it out. Last time I looked a few days ago and both bulbs were working fine.

161 - 180 of 187 Posts