Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for your benifit, here are all the related threads concerning the P11 auto to 5 speed tranny swap. If there is anything I left out, feel free to add it here.

Part 1 - Installing Pedals
Part 2 - Removing Old Transmission
Part 3 - Installing Hydraulic Hardlines
Part 4 - Putting things back together
Part 5 - Rewiring the reverse light switch
Part 6 - Bypassing the Clutch Relay

Additional Reading 1

Parts List:
  • P11 Transmission or B15 Transmission (no, you cant use a P10, but you do use the same bolts to mount the manual tranny to the block.
  • P11 Rear Motor Mount Bracket (the one that bolts to the motor then to the rear mount) - PN 11332-2J200
  • P11 Manual Transmission mount (this is different than the AT one) - PN 11220-2J200 (99) or 11220-7J401 (00+)
  • P11 rear motor mount (its a bit different, but im sure you could use the AT one if need be)
  • P11/B15 two piece flywheel (the one with the sheet metal center, so you can reuse your crank bolts. If you get the old one piece cast unit, you will need longer bolts)
  • Clutch and Pressure Plate (dont forget the PP to flywheel bolts)
  • Hydraulic Clutch Pedal and Master Cylinder
  • Hydraulic Clutch Hardlines Lines
  • Hydraulic Clutch *Dampener* (I dont know what this really does, but its a part you need)
  • Hydraulic Slave Cylinder
  • Hydraulic Clutch Rubber Line
  • Shift Linkages
  • 5 speed Shifter
  • 5 speed Shift Surround
  • Drivers side axle (you can reuse your pass side one if need be)
  • Axle shaft seals for the tranny

I never did a linkage writeup so if someone can add that it would be appreciated. Also, plan on spending about $2000 on all the parts unless you can find a screaming deal. This took me about two days all said and done for the meat of the job, another day seperate just to install the pedal.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CarloSR said:
Shouldn't this be on the sponsor section ?!
I wrote these so long ago, I couldnt bring myself to make it a sponsors sort of thing.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
damn guys im so happy...my swaps takin place sunday oh man oh man haha

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
awesome man, let me know how it goes. Also I found it, from a 2000 ser, shorter gearing but I dont CARE.

Gmac

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
what u mean 2000ser???? no such thing :0) if u have aol IM send me a message man im: GeeKnow805

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
gEE805 said:
what u mean 2000ser???? no such thing :0) if u have aol IM send me a message man im: GeeKnow805
Probably referring to the Sentra SE 2.0

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
okay i didnt get to finish the swap do to not having 8 bolts haha....so one thing pat forgot to add on the need list is the bolts that bolt the pressure plate to the flywheel...hmm so my swap is half ways there haha...oh yeah another side note the flywheel im using came from a b14

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gEE805 said:
so one thing pat forgot to add on the need list is the bolts that bolt the pressure plate to the flywheel...
HAHA...that one should be a no brainer... ;) sorry man, well, at least its almost done ;)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
haha yeah its almost...hey man....did you have any problems with ecu or anything???

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, your airbag light will come on, and you need to bypass the clutch relay with a short jumper. Thats about all I can think of. But no, no issues with keeping the same ECU.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Ahh crap, pat sent me some good pics a while back of what the 'jumper' looked like (just a wire with prongs on each side) and where it goes. Can't seem to find it. Maybe Pat still has them.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
so no new ecu is needed? i swear i read somewhere a 5spd ecu was... thats good though. so if i copy paste your list at the top of this thread, and check off as i go, ill essentially be set? what other minor things besides bolts will be needed? you mentioned the bypass above ^^ any other things ill have to do?

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
ECU is NOT needed...however I recommend it. After a 5spd swap, you will have about 8 codes stored in your ecu that have to do with the auto tranny...so putting a 5spd ecu in there will clear ALL of them. Also, I found that the rpm range response is much better. So even though it's not needed to drive (I drove with a a/t ecu for about a month) I highly encourage it. They are cheap to get from car-parts.com, and any infiniti dealership can program it to your car.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts