Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
I just can't believe how clean your cars are underneath!!! So jealous!

I wish our cars in the UK were that clean but we have mountains of nasty rust to remove before we can even get to the nuts and bolts! lol!
That's the only good thing about being in Arizona, its so dry keeps it relatively rust-free.

2,438 Posts
That's the only good thing about being in Arizona, its so dry keeps it relatively rust-free.
at the cost of being forced to keep the A/C system

·
Registered
844 Posts
Ok so back on topic. I have currently took apart the transmission to change the input shaft bearing and change seal. I'm doing it on my 01 which has an LSD. you have to pull out an extra 2 snap rings a 6 mil bolt to get to the reverse idler and open the side case to remove the reverse idler gear before spliting the case.

also there are 3 rods for the shift forks and about 6 , 2piece retaining pins that hold everthing together and a few more snap rings.(not fun) ok so now i'm at the input shaft seal and bearing. by the looks of my bearing it is completely shot. so after i pull out the seal i notice a hole thats pretty clean/like its suppose to be there about 3mm diameter that leads to where the throw out bearing sits. I don't know what to do? is the housing shot or what guys?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Ok so everything is back together, pressed in/out new bearing (good thing i had a shop press and the right tools here) and replaced new seal after cleaning up the lip a bit with a dremmel. checked all components of the tranny and everything checked out good, was thinking of doing the main bearing while i'm here but there's no part at any nissan in the country(2weeks for deliver)so ef that, cleaned out the internals with a magnet and rag then put everything back together (wat a b*tch but everything all in). I'm hoping that hole in the case was just a oil tunnel for lubing up the throw out bearing. power washed the whole tranny and where it bolts up with engine(covered starter and throttle body. Now i'm just about to put everything back on. i'm a pray to the G20 gods that this works. ohh and yeah i changed out the input shaft seal that was leaking and changed out the rear main seal. going to throw on my JWT pressure plate and organic clutch disc. machined the flywheel and good to go.

post again later

oh and say a prayer for me guys

21 - 27 of 27 Posts