Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage you do to your car while attempting this. If you are not well versed in electrical repair, please consult with a professional.

My speedometer cable broke after I hit a crater while driving down I-26 yesterday. I decided that I'm going to swap in an electric speed sensor and cluster from a 93.5-96 P10 rather than buy a new cable. This guide is for MT cars. There are two wires for the OD light on an A/T car that are easy to figure out by looking at the FSM. I haven't installed the cluster yet to test everything, but I've triple checked this on paper and I'm confident that it will work. The wire colors are the same between the old and new plugs, but the pins are different. That being said, if you're not comfortable with some heavy rewiring (this requires you to solder 27 wires on 3 plugs) I would not recommend you attempt to do this. I used a 93 diagram and a 95 diagram to do the wiring, so double check if you've got different a different year (they should be the same, though)

Here's what you need to do the swap:
- 93.5-96 Gauge Cluster with plugs
- 93.5-96 Speed Sensor with plug

Alright, onto the fun part... wiring. Plugs are numbered by pin using this diagram from the FSM:

The pins are numbered as though you're looking at the connector from the back side, like this:

Here is the pin swap guide:

The wire colors are the same for each cluster BUT the pins are different and some colors are used more than once. This is why I made the guide. I would recommend doing one plug at a time so you don't get mixed up and have to start over from scratch.

Side note: The airbag warning light is not used on an older car, but you could wire it up as some sort of warning indicator, like a shift light :D

I will post updates once I've completed the swap.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update on the tread yet? Did it work?
I actually ended up picking up a new speedo cable for my car because I never had the down time to do the swap. I'm confident that it will work, though. I might do the swap the next time I have the dash out of my car, and I'll post an update if I do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day, I swapped my P11 analog instrument cluster and rewired to the p11 digital instrument cluster, everything works except that my odometer trip resets every time i switch off the car and starts it back. Can anyone help me here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the odometer set up with with constant or switched power?
It's set up with switched power. The trip only comes on with the ignition and when the car is started. I tested for a constant 12v power supply and I'm getting it on a Yellow/Green Wire. I was wondering which other wires may need the constant 12v supply for the trip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts