Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
G20 Newbie
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
everyone is always fusing on where to hook up the sources and most people splice into the ecu harness and a few in the engine bay.

well here is a nice and simple way of doing it

1-crimp then solder (viberation will crack solder over time so always crimp + solder) ring connectors to you + , ground and rpm source wires on your choice of Vtak controller.

2- remove the gauge cluster

3- remove the chime/bell

there are 3 screws behind the tach

IGN = + Positive switched
GND = - Ground
TAM = RPM Signal

Simple and easy and no need to cut

also now ur switches will be close to the firewall grommet for easy passing of the ground switched wire

enjoy

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
i just hooked up and msd 8969 and customer wanted it mounted under the hood
i hooked up the mds and soliod power directly to ignition swith on fuseing them and taped into the tach wire above ecu neer the white conector for get exact conector name. I grounded the unit at the engine close to the thick cable that goes to the engine in bay and the rest directly to the seloniods

their is no problem with soldering but your solder joint should never be made at a bend where wires will move. also I see this alot people tend to but wires up side by side twist one end and solder the end. that is the most unreliable way both ends should be striped and twisted together from their own rerection and solders so you still have a striat wire

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
What msd are you useing? and why do you need to converthings? We are all told a lot and i would like to know what you were told. kinda reminds me of reading something that says that the VEs run on 4 bar oem and the one i set up and tested its oem fuel system was running 3 bar fuel presure and no sigh n of something wrong with it but just some one said somthing and I desided to check what I see and found it not to be what was siad
you trying to change?
also what signal are

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I'm using a PN 8956.. I was told that it only receives an analog signal for RPMs and that my 02 puts out a digital signal. I was told that in order for it to work I will need a digital-to-analog converter, but I've never heard of anyone needing it. I have seen some people get the digital MSD switch, but I didn't know why, other than it is easier to adjust the RPMs.

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
I have never installed the one you have so im not cuirtan. plus Im not a ran of the msd rpm pills i used them on my msd 6al ignition for Ignition cut limit at 8 k rpm and it cam on way before 8k so i removed the pill and just let emu take care of it

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
no doubt... well, i had the guy order a tach signal adapter. i guess it's needed.. if not then it will be returned. i've just never seen it on anyone's list of things needed to swap in a ve.

thanks anyways, mike.

2,438 Posts
no doubt... well, i had the guy order a tach signal adapter. i guess it's needed.. if not then it will be returned. i've just never seen it on anyone's list of things needed to swap in a ve.

thanks anyways, mike.
i think most people run the digital rpm switches, so they don't need to run a DAC to convert it to analog

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
does anyone have interest in wireing cam triggers dual stage intke and exuhast useing enanage ultimat? I can give a pretty intense way to do this useing vtech and nvs maps. i have also set up nvs to use wwater methnol maps on hondas running na are boosted if ne cars to know how to use thiss let me know it works very welll

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
everyone getting a reliable tach signal from the cluster? im gonna give this a shot. i've done the distributor, the ecu, so i might as well try the cluster! thanks for the idea rmyc

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.