Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im putting a b15 trans in my g20. I am trying to decide if it is better to modify the trans to accept my cable clutch or attempt install the hydraulic clutch from the trans donor car (2000 sentra se). Any links or advise on this topic would be nice.

Also I don't know what axles I need.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
SR20DET_G20 said:
anybody ever scene or heard of a hydraulic clutch in a p10?
Yes, the T4 has a hydraulic clutch.

There's a how-to on sr20forum for changing the tranny to cable operated. If the tranny has VLSD then you'll need a G20T drivers side axle.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone seen a how-to for making the p10 have a hydraulic clutch. I can get the pedal and everything from a 2000 sentra, but I don't know how to make it work. I have my p10 trans out and on the floor and the b15 sitting next to it so I need to decide wether or not to modify the trans before I go any further.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found some help on the sr20 forum, but I haven't been able to figure out if the MC will fit from the b15. Anyone know? Also what is a T4?

·
Registered
12,425 Posts
I think almost any M/T hyd pedal from a nissan will fit. the P11 will probobly be the best bet. the M/C may work as well. I'd also recommend going to hyd clutch setup. no cables to break and if you ever go the 6 spd route once parts are fully available, you are 1 step forward.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Who breaks cables? Also what happened to LESS PARTS TO BREAK with cable clutch setup ?

Chris

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
SR20DET_G20 said:
Thats me. Besides you appreciate things more when you do it the difficult way.
Very true. i just reread ur setup and since ur going the B15 route, and making powa... Hydraulic all the way! Its worth doing. :)

·
Registered
20,852 Posts
dsmavenger said:
Who breaks cables? Also what happened to LESS PARTS TO BREAK with cable clutch setup ?

Chris
I first met Charles he had just got the p10, and few weeks later I lent him my spare cable when it snapped. Then he got another one, and another, and another, and another......

If you keep a spare in the car you can usually get going again in a few mins if you got l33t mechanic skillz.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
markbuts3 said:
If the tranny has VLSD then you'll need a G20T drivers side axle.
not to thread jack... but if i have an AT g20t, and do a manual swap to a MT g20t, then do i still need the axle?

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Yes if its a LSD trans...you do need the driver side axle. i'm in the process of getting all my parts together for a b13 trans into my P10 and i needed a different axle for the LSD.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
not to thread jack... but if i have an AT g20t, and do a manual swap to a MT g20t, then do i still need the axle?
If you are looking for parts for that setup, I have a clutch master from a b15 that will not fit in my p10, but Im pretty sure it will fit in a p11. That should simplify your swap quite a bit because you will not have to go mc-line-dampener-line-slave. You will only go mc-line-slave. Also if you allready have the mc and dampener I would love to buy/trade with you for in my p10. I just did a lot of work on it and its only those parts that are holding me up from driving it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As far as I know, the p11 mc uses an external dampener to protect the mc from back pressure or something. On the b15 the dampener is internal which causes it to be a little bigger and longer so it will not fit in p10. If you have a p11 mc I am pretty positive you will either want to use a b15 mc or put a dampener in line from a p10. I would be willing to trade my b15 mc for your p11 because it sounds like it would help us both out. Mine was pulled from a 00 sentra se with 56k mi. Maybe you should do some research about the dampener and let me know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts