Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear to God, if i hear one more person ask "Can my G20 beat a <insertcarhere>" i'm going to visit that person and throttle them with my bare hands! :mad:

If you're so concerned with how fast your car is, do the following:

1) Go to the drag strip and get a time slip
2) Compare time slip with trash talking rice-boy
3) Done

Here's the bottom line folks: The G20 is not a friggin' sports car!!! If you want to be as fast as a Mustang, buy a #$%&! Mustang! If you bought a G20 thinking that it would be a relatively quick car, you thought wrong. Get over it. Either learn to love the fact that you have a nice car which handles well, looks sweet, and rolls in comfort - or - trade it off on a car that was designed to be fast in the first place. You can mod your car and make it faster, but you're not going to be smoking Corvettes any time soon.

Or get a DET and get the best of both worlds. Damn you, George. :depressed:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dude I KNOW THAT!!!!!! my car is slow = (

but it's sooo cool looking what the hell!
lol mad at infiniti right now

but its fun to race people knowing that ur most likely ur going to lose.

by the way does anyone know the 1/4 for a 2002 G20 automatic and the 0-60

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Myinfinitig20 said:

by the way does anyone know the 1/4 for a 2002 G20 automatic and the 0-60
From MSN carpoint:
0-60 mph in 8.7 sec. 1/4-mile in 17.1 sec.

Other reviewers probably got different results.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
True cue-ball, seems people nowadays only care about speed.

I don't know why anyone would want a super fast car on the streets here - they are so badly conjested, you are more likely to crash then to safely swerve in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed.

I could care less about the speed of the G20. I am more focused on making it a cosmectic monster. I could care less about racing and struting my stuff.. that's not me. I bought the car cus I loved how it looked, not the speed of it (I didn't even ask how fast it was). Like you said Cue-ball, you want a fast car, go buy a stang.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The G20 IS fast

The G20 can be made to be pretty quick... the SR20 is an awesome engine capable of making tons of power. Everyone goes: oh skyline engine, oh supra engine blah blah blah, but the SR20DE can be turned into a DET and push 750hp. Yeah, that's 2.0L, four cylinders.

The G20 is a sports sedan in other markets...like the "Lexus IS300 (Toyota Altezza)" in the US, it's not meant to go blazing speed, but have good handling. It's a GT car, not meant to drag race. Tell that rice boy to race you on a COURSE or over a few turns, and you'll smoke him.

Hell, I love my car. I know it goes fast...just not the same way everyone thinks "fast" means....

·
Registered
522 Posts
SR20DE can be turned into a DET and push 750hp
Is this true? Even if it is, is there even a tranny made for an SR20 powered car that could handle that? I remember the SE-R in one of the SCCs with 472whp. If I remember correctly, they said they kept a spare tranny with them at all times because it was constantly blowing out the 3rd gear.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I may just be talking out of my ass...:crosseyed

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
jmgladden said:

Is this true?
Well yeah, JUN had a Hyper Lemon Silvia with about that much hp. But I don't think you'll be booting around on the streets with it. Don't forget that the DET is in the Silvia also. There's shit loads of different trannys you can get with that to hold that much power. :) Nothing resonable for a FWD car though.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Finally! Somebody spoke out!! Geezzessh, Christ go buy a shopping cart with the rocket engines if you want to go fast!!! The G is an aesthetic material, not a pathetic! Enjoy the beautiful charm!! okay, enjoy said.....

Can my G20 beat a Cavalier?? !=) Hahehaeh.j/k...."kabong" on the head.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the speed of the g20

I'm new to this forum, just signed up now. I have read all the postings and figured I'd join the fun. 3 months ago I owned a 2000 Audi A4 1.8t quattro with a $4,250 system installed...I loved that car. My friend totalled my car december 30th 2001 at 3:30am, with me in it. 6 staples later and an insurance check for $24,000 I was on the market for a new car. Details aside, I hadn't enough money to afford a new A4 and the insurance that goes along with totalling a 30k car. I decided on the infiniti g20 not for it's speed, cuz there is none, but rather for it's appearance. I will admit for a cheap car (under 25k) it is quite nice: climate control, 16" sport rims, stick, sunroof, auto driver seat, power windows etc. It is not a fast car...not by a long shot, but I agree wholly with the people who say "so what". Even the cheapest car on the market today can break 100mph...eventually. The g20 for it's very reasonable price (i talked mine down from 26 to 22) is, in my humble opinion, far better than say a civic, or the impressive WRX which..i have to add...sacrifices all luxuries for speed. I'd rather have leather, climate control and auto dim mirrors (which are not on the g20 but can be for $100 or so).
I'm still and Audi die hard fan...but the g20 is what I have...and it's not that bad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
understand

u have to understand that these days kids want more power for less money right now u can buy a p10 for like 3500-4000 thats is pretty good since nissan is know for its good cars over the years so dont try to knock the guys who like a little speed in there life :bandit:

·
Registered
2 Posts
not knocking speed

I'm not knocking people who like speed at all...I like speed...do some people not like speed? But I don't need excessive speed, and especially at the expense of luxury. When it comes down to it, to make a reasonably priced car, speed and luxury have an inverse relationship. Take one, sacrifice the other...or come to a happy medium. If you want both, the price goes up. The WRX for instance is all speed...no features. The g20 is mostly features...not much speed. They have something out there for almost anyone, it's just a matter of what is more important to the buyer.

·
Registered
354 Posts
A42g20 i feellll soooo bad for you = (
i wanted an A4 too
lol
G20 is a great car, and actually it's faster then the 1.8t a4, i've raced an a4 and beat it. barely beat it but yea i still beat it. Plus if u got the sports leather and aluminum trim then i think it looks better then the a4 for the price. The only thing i see the a4 actually beating the g20 in is problably in the cool sound the turbo makes. = ) and u can buy a whistle thing that u attach to ur engine and it will make that sound for u

·
Registered
664 Posts
I bought my G20 knowing that it looked hot as hell stock and could look better. I knew that it had no balls and being that the only ones left on the lot were automatics -- acceleration was just not an option :( Oh well.

Anyway - you people were saying how it's tight around turns but I don't think that it's very good. I used to drive a Toyota MR2 (rear wheel drive, mid engine) and that thing HUGGED the road!! I felt comfortable taking turns and feeling grip. However, it's just not there at all in my G. Kind of feels like I'm gonna fly off the road.

I'm guessing this is common. Out of curiousity - I'm running stock rims/tire size ...how many G's would the skidpad increase with maybe 215 40 17s?! cuz that's what I'm looking at.

·
Registered
20,839 Posts
Re: not knocking speed

A42g20 said:
When it comes down to it, to make a reasonably priced car, speed and luxury have an inverse relationship. Take one, sacrifice the other...or come to a happy medium.
I saw this in someone's signature

When it comes to cars you have Speed, Reliability, Cost...Choose any two.

·
Registered
211 Posts
rmjjensen said:
Anyway - you people were saying how it's tight around turns but I don't think that it's very good. I used to drive a Toyota MR2 (rear wheel drive, mid engine) and that thing HUGGED the road!! I felt comfortable taking turns and feeling grip. However, it's just not there at all in my G. Kind of feels like I'm gonna fly off the road.
Wellllll, thats coz you have a P11 with a multi-beam:p

Also, keep in mind that you're comparing a small wheelbase, mid-engine sports coupe to a relatively large and hefty front driver...ie-Understeer...that would explain the flying off the road bit, lol.

BTW, on your avatar, what is that a picture of? Im thinking a G can hold that much bump!

·
Registered
664 Posts
DragerG20 said:

BTW, on your avatar, what is that a picture of? Im thinking a G can hold that much bump!

Oh the dreaded multi-beam!!! Yes I definitely hate our rear suspension. Oh well. Our G's are still pimpin like crazy! I love the way it looks, especially dropped on the ground.

My Avator is an old pic of my trunk. It's 4 JBL GT 10"s with my amps in the middle. It bumps hard, but I think it will be a crap load better when I get rid the JBLs...they bottom out on some bass hits.

I've got some pics here:
http://members.aol.com/rmjjensen/profile/g20.htm

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
DragerG20 said:

Also, keep in mind that you're comparing a small wheelbase, mid-engine sports coupe to a relatively large and hefty front driver...ie-Understeer...that would explain the flying off the road bit, lol.

P10 and happy with it....:lol:

·
Registered
85 Posts
i understand that people want their g's to be really fast. i am one of those people. but i go to a really rich school where people drive unbelieveable cars(the average is like a 98 a4), but the looks i get for driving a G is like no other because no one has them and they looook sooooo gooood.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts