Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was going through some WRC websites, and I had never noticed that Hyundai had a rally car. WHAT? Those cheap korean shitboxes! I couldn't believe it. So after a visit to www.hyundaiwrc.com I was dumbfounded. I actually want an Accent now. Cheap, can be thrown around with little guilt, and it's a RALLY CAR! If I'm not mistaken, WRC rules say something about a rally car needing to have a homologation that we normal people can buy before they allow the car to compete. If so, I wonder where I'd be able to find a Hyundai Accent with a 2.0L DOHC engine in it...

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
allright that's it get out, you are no longer part of the cool people crowd. you can do so much better than the accent if you want a rally car, just buy a mitsubishi mirage and get an evo body kit and some engine mods. mitsubishi has a much better WRC image.

·
Registered
211 Posts
HEYYYYY

Hyundai isn't THAT bad, I mean, they ARE beating Skoda and Citroën in the manufacturers points!

Hyundai......2
Skoda.........0
Citroën.......0
Mitsubishi...6?????????

Oh well, at least the Scoobys are doing good...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol of course Mitsubishi and Subaru are doing better. The Lancer EVOs and Imprezas are doing waaay better than the Hyundais are. But you've gotta consider that they've been rallying forever, and for a cheap shitbox Accent, actually getting points ain't that bad.

The Peugeots however...that's a different story.

Didn't Nissan use the Pulsar GTiR as a rally car too? It sure looks like something to drop off a cliff. n_n

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i went to the rim of the world rally last weekend in palmdale, and the hyundais there were pretty cool. they were the 2003 tiburon, which is a hell of a lot better looking than the previous version. maybe i'll try to put up some pics of all the cars...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
jayntguru said:
The US hyundai cars just use DSM engines and drivetrains. They are nothing like what you can buy at a dealer.

Aren't they AWD too!?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AWD (what's the difference between AWD and 4WD?) and they're also perfectly 50/50 weight balanced. To my understanding, they're probably a lot lighter than Imprezas and Lan Evos too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts