Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After removing the radiator to change the alternator, I got a leak from the upper radiator hose area.

I took a look at the clamp, and it cut right through the hose. Not only that, it cut right through the plastic radiator neck.

I had to cut the 'tit" off the end of the radiator neck with a razor blade and cut the radiator hose shorter.

Guess it won't be long before I have to buy a brand new radiator. Seems like there is a pretty strong domino effect when things go wrong on one part of this car. :pirate:

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
jj94auto said:
After removing the radiator to change the alternator, I got a leak from the upper radiator hose area.

I took a look at the clamp, and it cut right through the hose. Not only that, it cut right through the plastic radiator neck.

I had to cut the 'tit" off the end of the radiator neck with a razor blade and cut the radiator hose shorter.

Guess it won't be long before I have to buy a brand new radiator. Seems like there is a pretty strong domino effect when things go wrong on one part of this car. :pirate:

I don't think you will have to buy a new radiator. The same thing happened to my car about two years ago. I drove home and as I was parking the car started smoking. Opened the hood and saw that the upper radiator hose was off. I looked at the neck of the radiator and it had broken. There was enough room to mount it back though. I bought a new clamp and clamped it good. Its been there two years and my radiator has been fine, thank God.

·
Registered
374 Posts
i only had to remove the upper hose neck at the engine head to get enuff room to pick up the alt out of the bracket...

my radiator is also cracked grrrrr i hate unexpected problems....

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, well as said, it seems ok still, I'll hit you up Mr. FancyPants if I have trouble...

I removed the extra part that bolts to the engine, but there still wasn't enough room to get it out...easily anyways.

For those who asked, I was swapping in a 2001 Sentra Alternator.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pauley01 said:
How does the car run now? Still a crazy idle? Idle adjustments screw all the way in?
Wasn't running bad before it anymore. Either that or I have just gotten used to it. Only issue is that idle screw being all the way in as you mention.

I haven't pulled the TPS to see if the car dies though. I'll let you know what happens.

I am going to take it easy for a few days after busting my behind on the car all weekend. Gotta get the wife tomorrow at the airport. Hope it gets us there and back with no hassles. :confused:

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I had the same issue when I swapped in my B15 alternator... tight ass fit. I was able to buy some epoxy of some sort as a temporary fix, until summer came. :baffled:

If by an oem replacement, but it from www.radiatorbarn.com their oem came all metal, no plastic junk.. and a great price too. =)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I got one for my beater car from them.....I got a great deal...too bad that I can't take the radiator off that car and put it on this one....its would be worth more than my beater!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts