Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting in a whole Rockford Fosgate system in my car. I would put in a headunit, amp, and 2 12" sub's in my trunk. Does any one have an idea's on what else I could use or do(I am on a very tight budget because I work part time and I am still is High School.):*(

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
don't you dare put that crap in your car. sorry but it;s my opinion that rockford fosgate is shit, made poorly and sounds bad. just start out small, and add components as you go, you will be much happier in the long run.

·
Registered
69 Posts
all that stuff is bullshit made in china, unless you plan on getting something cool like a fosgate power 1000, anyone remember that amp, the big chrome thing with the red led EQ on front..nice stuff, well cheesy early 90s stuff, but still

get zapco or phoenix gold at least

ez
babir

·
Registered
201 Posts
agreed w/ all. fosgate used to be good stuff, but now it's gone downhill.

i would start out w/ a deck. i recommend getting a kenwood excelon (which i have-kdcx-817) or getting a alpine or pioneer. you should also bypass the factory amps if you get a deck. then i would get subs and amp. if you are on a tight budget get the amp first then the subs. finally i would get speakers. the stock speakers are good in our car.
you should save money and buy good stuff, imo. you will be much happier and feel you've earned the quality more (which you will). i know you want to be bumping and listening to your tunes right away on quality, but save up and the reward will outway the wait.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Hmm I guess I should rethink that Rockford Fosgates all around for my car too. I was thinking about it cuz I heard good things about RFs, and they make speakers in stock factory size. I don't really wanna change my factory speaker size, I just want speakers that'll sound nice, crisp and clear. I like Bostons, but I don't know about gettin' a set in my car. Any suggestions then? I really don't know much about ice at all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts