Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell yeah. We knocked off a clutch install in two days, with no real problems. The best thing is, it started up, and ran great on the first try, with no adjustments needed. :D I did forget the cotter pin, on the axle nut cover though. So I had to take the wheel off to put that back on. :p But other than that, things went great. Now we get to do my car in a few weeks here. :confused: But man, I am sore as hell. My back is killing me, and I bruised my thumb. :cool:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
kbslacker said:
But man, I am sore as hell. My back is killing me, and I bruised my thumb. :cool:
Oh man I love that feeling after you work on your car for the day. Battle wounds and fatigue. Love it!

:pirate: :rambo:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: I came, I saw, I conquered.

G-Forces said:

Oh man I love that feeling after you work on your car for the day. Battle wounds and fatigue. Love it!

:pirate: :rambo:

haha, yeah, but it wasnt my car. :D Next round it will be though.

Damn, I dont know what I was thinking though when I said it went good. That shit sucked ass. We had to raise and lower the trans three times. The damn throwout bearing kept getting pushed off by the clutch lever. I guess it kept getting caught on something, and was being moved out. Then, I had to sit and rotate the trans back and forth, while my buddy pushed on the end, just to get the inpute shaft to go in the clutch disc. Bah, what a pain in the ass. :D But it was fun.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I came, I saw, I conquered.

kbslacker said:
Bah, what a pain in the ass. :D But it was fun.
Yeah but we wouldn't think so if we did it for a living. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Whoo-hoo

Hey, I'm thinking about replacing the clutch in my G too...is yours an automatic or stick? I heard that it's harder to do in the auto version, thinking about just taking it to the dealership. Which brand did you use? Or did you just use the OEM part. I'm thinking about overnighting one from Japan. Then me and the mad scientist can rip apart the engine and replace it.

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
GDriver21 said:
I heard that it's harder to do in the auto version...
Let me tell you from experience that replacing the clutch in an automatic transmission is hard. Don't even try. You'll gat about halfway and you can't go any further without serious thoughts about how dumb you are for attempting this.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: Whoo-hoo

GDriver21 said:
Hey, I'm thinking about replacing the clutch in my G too...is yours an automatic or stick? I heard that it's harder to do in the auto version, thinking about just taking it to the dealership. Which brand did you use? Or did you just use the OEM part. I'm thinking about overnighting one from Japan. Then me and the mad scientist can rip apart the engine and replace it.
umm...auto's dont have a clutch...try replacing the TC, with one with a higher stall...this would be something similar to getting a new clutch in a manual tranny. sorta lol

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Re: Whoo-hoo

GDriver21 said:
Hey, I'm thinking about replacing the clutch in my G too...is yours an automatic or stick? I heard that it's harder to do in the auto version,
:confused:

[thinking to myself]What a fkn' idiot! This guy needs banned![/thinking to myself]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts